Been to the Seminar

talula216
on 7/16/11 6:30 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
I have already done my first nutrionist appt.  I have my 2nd one scheduled.  I will only have 1 more with the nut.  I been told I don't have to do any medically supervised Diet. Which I was told when I checked on coverage. 

I have my first appt with the surgeon scheduled the beginning of August.  I have already done the 2 support groups meetings.  Hopefully I will begin the testing soon.  I still cant believe this could be happening.  I still get scared something is going to prevent this from happening.  I am trying to keep the faith. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

marymcd54
on 7/17/11 6:07 am - Warwick, RI
Great to hear your on your way! Did you have your psych. appointment too? That I believe is also required. Once your done with all requirements your on your way to hopefully a healthier you!
I have my pre-op class tomorrow! Good luck and keep us updated.
Marylmcd

talula216
on 7/17/11 8:14 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
no I havent had any of the medical testing or the psych eval done.  I see the Surgeon in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully it will go quickly.  Thank you
Good luck with your class tomorrow,

Talula
Starting weight 369

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 6:13 am - RI
woah... what's a pre-op class? I never heard of that before.. I know we have to do pre-op testing... LOL

marymcd54
on 7/18/11 8:36 am - Warwick, RI
It's a class with the nutritionist and bariatric coordinator to let you know all you have to do after surgery and what you need to buy to survive lol. Usually it is done with everyone having surgery that week. Guess not many happening next week, they canceled and told me they would do
the class at the DR office on Thursday after my appointment.

Marylmcd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2666 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3365 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5057 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!
delprov · 2 replies · 5862 views