3 weeks out.. I need food ideas!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/11 3:46 am - RI

At this point... I am only able to tolerate egg whites, yogurt, pudding, and applesauce. I do occasionally eat tomato sauce with ricotta cheese (as a soup).

I ventured out and pureed soups...but even that is unsettling for  my EXTREMELY picky grouchy pouch.

Any mushy food ideas for me? Slider foods?

I purchased refried beans... not sure how to incorporate that into a meal though?

I'm so lost. The chart the hospital gave me is SO GENERIC.
gogt
on 9/29/11 5:13 am - RI
Week 3 was the hardest for me. I remember cooking some pealed peaches and pureeing them. I added them to yogurt or ate them alone. I was never a big meat eater. So, pureeed meat was out of the question. I did poach fish in veg stock or tomato sauce. Very soft, full of protein and it digested well. I also added a little silken tofu to almost everything I did puree, like soups. I also scrambled it up with an egg.

I didn't have a pouch, but had a sleeve. So, I may have been able to tollerate more....I don't know. I do remember that week 3 was tough, because I felt good, but didn't want to push myself.
SafetyTurtle
on 9/29/11 5:49 am - Cincinnati, OH
I am 4 days out, and think I will be in the same boat as you in a few weeks :~( 

I can tolerate sugar free popsicles! and plain decaff tea! and ice chips! 

NOTHING else...no jell-o, no soups, no yogurt, no nothing...doc says I have a very angry swollen tender slow to drain pouch.  Evidenced by the fact that I was urping up tons of stomach blood and juices for the first 3 days until they figured it out.
Julie Nolan
on 9/30/11 1:27 am - RI

Hi Kaila,

I took out my food journal and see that week three I was eating (and tolerating well) ...

Cottage cheese - 1/4C

Cream of Brocoli soup strained - 11 oz.

Egg Salad - 1 egg + 1 Tb light mayo

FF Plain Greek Yogurt w/ apple pie spice & 1 Splenda - 3 oz

Boiled shrimp pureed with Ckn broth and seasonings - 1/2 C

Scrambled Egg Beaters w/ 1 TB FF 1/2 & 1/2 (very fluffy) - 1/2 C

Plus SF popsicles, jello and FF/SF pudding

If you send me an email [email protected], I will send you a helpful hints packet that includes recommended websites, books and bariatric cookbooks.

Hope this helps!

Jules

For Info about Rhode Island Support Groups, please email me!  [email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2666 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3365 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5057 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!