Recent Posts

Kathy S.
on 1/16/15 2:40 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: Super Early Bird tickets now on sale! Save $25, and enter to win 3 night stay at the conference sit

Not only will Super Early Birds get the lowest ticket prices, but you'll also be entered into a drawing for a FREE 3 night stay at the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham during the Conference.

Click to order: http://ow.ly/Hr8nQ 

Registration for Super Early Birds starts on Friday, January 16th, 2015 at 10AM EST and will end Friday, January 23rd, 2015 at 11:30PM EST.              

We hope to see you there  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kathy S.
on 1/15/15 4:26 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: We Want To Hear From You! OH2015 Speaker Submissions NOW OPEN!

Hey Members

Click the link below to submit your own topic or to suggest a speaker for our 2015 Event

http://events.obesityhelp.com/2015-speakers/

Submissions open until February 10th. 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ITwon
on 1/3/15 12:27 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Topic: Woonsocket Planet Fitness/Wow Gym Buddy

I was sleeved over a year ago. Quite happy with the results. Moving over from machines to free weights and would like some company. I'm actually a member of both currently. If you'd be interested in company let me know. Especially if youre doing free weights. I could use council. Guy or girl, no matter to me.

Bb0316
on 4/5/14 6:14 am
Topic: Primary care

Hi. Wondering if anyone knows if a good Primary Care Dr in the Warwick area.  I haven't been to a Dr. In years because I'm embarrassed of how out of control my weight has gotten. Also, I want them to be kind and not state the obvious, that I'm morbidly obese.  I also need to know if they can occomdate my size.  I'm about 375.  

Any help would be appreciated

Ribigman
on 4/4/14 12:18 pm
VSG on 04/10/14
Topic: RE: Is anybody out there?

Going in for a VSG this coming Thursday, very excited!

luxurycouture
on 3/19/14 10:34 am
Vicky_S
on 3/13/14 3:41 am - MA

Hi Alexia - how are things going with your journey?  It seems like it's taking forever for me but I just keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end and to have patience!

alexia3
on 2/11/14 10:33 am - N Scituate, RI

I met with Dr Roye on Friday.  He said he is taking out a lot of bands and hearing similar stories.  We discussed if I wanted any type of revision.  He suggested now does 2 types of surgery, bypass and sleeve.  I had asked him about the sleeve just before I got my lapband and it was not a surgery he was doing.  I regret now not waiting.

He would suggest a revision to a bypass rather than the sleeve due to possible scar tissue and leakage.  I am looking into the bypass now and have to go through some of the testing once again

alexia3
on 1/26/14 9:01 am - N Scituate, RI

Yes Vicky, we did meet a while ago.  I hope all goes well with your testing!  Did Dr Pohl say if a removal and revision would be one or two surgeries?  Im poking around a bit on revision boards as well.  

Vicky_S
on 1/23/14 9:07 am - MA

Hi Alexia - I believe we've met at support group meetings, so long ago.  Your problems sound like the same thing I am going through.  Fill... unfill... fill... unfill.  I still get stuck on the things we are SUPPOSED to eat but the 'bad" things, oh no... they go RIGHT down with no problem.  I've been to see Dr. Pohl about a revision to gastric bypass.  Going through the necessary tests now, hoping he can justify a "complication" to United Healthcare.  I too feel like such a failure, fallen in and out of deep depressive issues.  All this over weight....... ugh.

I hope all goes well when you visit Dr. Roye.  Send me an update.

Take care,

Vicky

Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2659 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3359 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5051 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!
delprov · 2 replies · 5856 views