This is what I'm eating...

nfgfaniam
on 6/20/10 12:39 pm, edited 6/20/10 12:44 pm - Jeffersonville, IN

I've stretched the boundaries a little. I can tolerate these foods well. I know I'm not completely following the rules but since I've been eating real solid food (and chewing it 50 times..) 
I've felt a BUNCH better. I have more energy. I'm not over eating.. I get full after 1-2 oz.

I'm getting to the 3 week mark and I'm eating cheese, ham, penut butter, egg beaters, yogurt, applesauce, jello with mixed fruit, and puddings. All sugar free / low cal.

Is this as bad as I think?

~Sharon Marie

Therese W.
on 6/20/10 12:43 pm, edited 6/20/10 12:43 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Did I miss the list of foods you're eating? I don't see anything in your post! :)

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this - AND SO CAN YOU!!

Therese 

nfgfaniam
on 6/20/10 12:45 pm - Jeffersonville, IN
I forgot to paste them.. I edited my post :)
~Sharon Marie

poet_kelly
on 6/20/10 12:45 pm - OH
Why do you think it's bad?  Are you eating what's on your surgeon's diet plan?  All those things were on my doc's plan at three weeks.

Kelly
nfgfaniam
on 6/20/10 12:47 pm - Jeffersonville, IN
No, after 14 days I'm supposed to progress to pureed foods. After 4 weeks I am supposed to move onto soft solid foods.
~Sharon Marie

poet_kelly
on 6/20/10 12:48 pm - OH
OK... after two weeks I was on soft foods.  Some of the things you listed are OK for  pureed foods, like pudding and yogurt and applesauce.  But why are you eating ham and cheese if you're supposed to be on pureed foods?

Kelly
nfgfaniam
on 6/20/10 12:52 pm - Jeffersonville, IN

I am eating the ham and cheese b/c I cannot stand soups / pureed foods. I feel 100% better after eating them, and it makes it easier to get my protein in. I've stopped having runny #2's and generally I feel good.

~Sharon Marie

nfgfaniam
on 6/20/10 1:01 pm - Jeffersonville, IN
I thought I would add, I have tried soups and my body hates them.. they come right back out or stay in for a while and make me feel very ill. I don't know if it's the sodium (I do not like anything salty tasting) or what.. but the only type of soup I can "pouch" lol is chicken noodle.
~Sharon Marie

butterbutt
on 6/20/10 1:27 pm - Waynesville, NC
I ate all those things at 3 weeks out and tested them around the 2nd week. I have had no problems!

strong706
on 6/20/10 2:19 pm
I stop following my surgeons plan when I got to my Puree stage and honestly I think it was the best decision I've made. My surgeons list was so short and the choices were terrible. It had all food with little to no nutritional value. So I decided to add high protein foods like tuna and beans for example....and I felt so much better there afterwards. I just made sure to chew chew chew chew and I was fine. Sometimes you just have to alter those rules.