stage two soup question

Lindsey N.
on 2/13/11 5:26 am - berkeley, CA
Hi! 
When I'm in stage two diet, what soups are good to eat? And also what exactly does strained mean? What is the process to get strained soups? 
Thank you! 

shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 5:35 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
The broth from soup is good. If you have cream soup, you're supposed to take out the chunks and only eat the cream. You're only supposed to have the liquid/creamy part--no chunks. I hope this helps.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/13/11 5:38 am - OH
To get strained soups, you would pour them through a mesh strainer to remove any pieces (meat, veggies, etc.)

I did not have to do the "stage x" post-op eating plan (was on soft foods from Day 3), so I don;t know what soups might be best, but I can tell you to AVOID cream soups unless they are specifically low-fat and to avoid tomato soup which has a lot of sugar (which can make you dump) and a relatively high acid content that might bother your healing pouch.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lindsey N.
on 2/13/11 5:47 am - berkeley, CA
 Thank you!!! This does help alot! Also do you know if we can have protein powder in foods and drinks in stage two? 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/13/11 5:50 am - OH
I don't see why not but since I went almost straight to soft foods, I don't really know.  Did your surgeon's information not address using protein supplements?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lindsey N.
on 2/13/11 6:12 am - berkeley, CA
 They did, I just dont remember if I could have it in stage two. I know I can for sure in stage three and four. My surgery is this week and I guess I just dont want to get anything wrong lol. Maybe im starting to over think things a little bit :P 

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/11 7:17 am - Woodstock, IL
 I found in order for me to get 60g of protein, I needed to add the protein mix to everything.  Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics