Electric pressure cookers

jamienichols22
on 8/24/13 12:29 pm - MI

I have seen a really nice one on QVC and was wondering the same thing! I do know that it says that it does the slow cooker, and once the timer is done goes on warming mode for 4 hours and has like 10 preset settings on it and really wasn't all that expensive which surprised me as to I am use to the older ones and they can be quiet costly. I think now I am for sure going to purchase one

VintageChick
on 8/25/13 5:27 am

Thanks! I'm going to pop over to their website to see what they offer, too. I tend to get in an amazon rut and never really look elsewhere. 

lap RNY 5-15-13

VintageChick
on 8/25/13 5:25 am

Thank you all. I'm going to buy! If I find the missing piece to my stovetop cooker I may give it another try, too. I like to cook on weekends and freeze for the week. :)

If anyone has some great recipes to share for us 'cooker newbies' please do. I've already found several on google I'm looking forward to trying. :)

lap RNY 5-15-13

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/25/13 8:10 am - OH

It occurs to me that the electric cooker wouldn't have the one drawback that the stovetop one does...burning food if you leave the temperature up too high.  I don't have trouble with that with meats, but I sometimes use it to make chili and it occasionally happens.

If you lost the little plug on the lid, you can buy a replacement one for about $6.

Let me know how you like the electric one!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics