Comfort Iron

Bubbles314
on 11/7/14 5:01 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe to get Iron and they didn't carry carbonyl iron (neither does Walmart, Walgreens, Meijers, Rite Aid, or GNC in Kalamazoo)  Has anyone heard of Iron Bisglycinate I bought some because it is suppose to be more gentle on your stomach and non constipating.  I showed my Dr he said, he usually uses ferrous sulfate, but go ahead and take it and we will see if it works.

I guess I am going to have to order it on amazon(carbonyl iron)

Thanks if you have any info on this I'd be interested

poet_kelly
on 11/7/14 5:06 am - OH

Drugstore.com usually has good deals on Sundown Perfect Iron which is carbonyl.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bubbles314
on 11/7/14 5:14 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks Kelly, I just went up to the magnify glass and it explained it wasn't as good.  I should have done this before I asked  for help. I will look up drugstore.com

SkinnyScientist
on 11/7/14 5:52 am

I take tender iron from vitalady. it is carbonyl iron. watch for sales at her site as she can be spendy. But then again, the quantity is quite something too!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Susanb2117
on 11/7/14 7:57 am

I didn't know we needed a certain kind of iron.  I started taking Vitron-C which is ferronyl?  (I am 3 weeks post-op)  Does anyone know if that is okay.  Why does it have to be carbonyl????  By the way Bubbles314, my husband is in the military so we are in GA now, but we are from Kalamazoo!

Racewalker48
on 11/7/14 10:28 am
RNY on 02/17/14

I use Ferretts brand of ferrous fumarate, which was recommended to me by my NUT as an easier tolerated form of iron.  Works for me just fine and no constipation.  My iron indices are normal too. I order it from Amazon.com. 

Bubbles314
on 11/7/14 12:29 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Oh how warm and sunny it must be in GA. It's going to snow this weekend, there talking actual accumulation.  Brrrrr....since I have lost weight I am cold all the time.

browneyes65
on 11/13/14 2:05 pm - IN

I used to be hot all the time and give off heat, but now since I lost weight  I get cold a lot easier. I think you lose your insulation.

Buckshot
on 11/12/14 8:44 am
VSG on 10/20/14

www.amazon.com

Amazon has your iron

cleared for surgery 9/2/14   SURGERY DAY SET FOR OCT.6.2014 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?