What's on your menu Wednesday, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 1/27/15 11:43 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH Friends,

Yes, you are right that it is a CHALLENGE to keep under 50 g of carbs.  I am up to about 1,400 calories and I am not sure it's possible for me to be that low carb, so I may revise my challenge to 70 g of carbs.  I have a good plan for today.

B: 3.5 oz of Costco rotisserie chicken salad, one coffee with fat-free half and half

L: Business lunch at a deli - I will eat the turkey and cheese and bacon of the inside of the sandwich

S: Sweet peppers stuffed with 1 oz of goat cheese, if needed turkey breast and cheese

D: 3 oz. of Costco chicken salad, 2 hard-boiled eggs

S: I found Yasso mint chocolate chip frozen greek yogurt ice cream bars.  HELLO HEAVEN.  1 bar is 100 calories, 15 g carbs, 6 g of protein

I am planning on an hour of cardio on the Arc Trainer from 6-7 pm and then doing a circuit training class from 7-8.  So I will have a good workout in today.

Totals are 1,300 calories, 118 g protein, 41 g of carbs (including the frozen greek yogurt bar).  Hope I can stick with it!!!!

Have a great day, All!

Waterme27
on 1/27/15 11:51 pm

This post made my day! Before I became pregnant I was eating 800 cals a day. I didn't track during my pregnancy - my dietitian said aim for 1800 a day. I was scared for this as I developed extreme discipline and control I er my intake and I was scared I wouldnt get it back.

it has been more if s struggle than what I thought it would be. More so with snacking as I had to retrain myself to snack - I was eating all day long Bc I wanted to keep portions small to maximize restriction as long as possible.

i have my baby's swing on the floor by my elliptical as I exercise right now , and I'm very committed to waving him that we eat to live it live to eat. Addiction genes run in our family and I firmly believe one can develop a dependence on food.

so despite running two hours behind I didn't talkmysf out of my cardio workout. 

This place gives me a safe spot to talk about my struggles to those that understand and font judge and that makes me grateful. 

Enjoy this beautiful day everybody!

s - 2 tbsp cream 1/4 c almond milk w two c coffee

b -protein shake w 1 c almond milk , 1/2 c liquid eggs

l- 2 oz ground beef 1/4 cottage cheese 1/4 c tomaro sauce 

s - protein shake w  cup almond milk, 2 oz deli corned beef and pepper slices

d - 1/2 c Speghetti and Lear sauce , garlic toast 

s- I don't rigidly plan my evening snack friends in the days totals and I haven't imported to my fitness pal

Waterme27
on 1/27/15 11:52 pm

Sorry for the errors it's hard to type and elliptical at same time for me 

karenp8
on 1/28/15 12:32 am - Brighton, IL

Wow your commitment to exercise is an inspiration for sure! You will be back to the weight you want before you know it. I try to do my exercise early every day so I don't end up short on time. Its so easy to make excuses but I feel so much better when I exercise! I love this post too as it really keeps me accountable. I am 29 months post op and it would be easy to eat more than I should or make poor choices,but I just take it one choice at a time and do the best I can!

Dodgergirl27
on 1/28/15 12:36 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

Low carb challenges are tough...I agree with everyone, those sneak little *******s are in EVERYTHING!  Even when you think something will be or should be super low carb, there's always more carbs lurking in it.  Drives me nuts!  I have a very awkward work lunch today, I have no idea where we are going, but my guess is it'll be some sort of steakhouse type place (or I'm hoping that's where we end up) and I can get a chicken breast or steak.  I hate awkward work lunches!  

Time since surgery: 1yr. 1 wk

B - 2 string cheeses

L - TBD

D - left over chicken tikka masala (I had this last night for dinner and it was SOOO good..seriously I"m thinking of going back to this place and ordering like 3 orders and freezing them and just eating them over and over again all next week.  Overkill, yes! But low carb deliciousness, so I'm seriously thinking about it :)

W/V - On track

E - I'm trying to get "into" a spin class (you have to sign up at my gym and apparently tonight's class is all booked, WTH?!?) If not, then I plan on going to the gym anyways and doing the cardio routine Anny posted about.  I need to sweat tonight!

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/15 1:08 am

Freezing my butt off today. My car wouldn't start it was so cold. I finally got it started. 

B:Omelet with ham and cheese

L:Lunch meat

D:Salmon and tomato and cucumber salad

S:Yogurt

Vitamins are in. I have my 64oz already in by lunch time so I am happy about that

Exercise is getting wood from our wood pile and walking the perimeter of Costco inside.

Have a great day. Glad to see the sunshine

NYMom222
on 1/28/15 4:05 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Still in a winter wonderland over here. We had 24 inches of snow yesterday. It was the winds that made it a Blizzard though. Even last night the winds were incredible. Have been in full comfort food mode. Didn't really lose last week, which at this point is not a good sign, need to snap out of it. I'm with you too many carbs happening.

B: Jay Robb Chocolate protein with 2 TBSP PB2 Peanut butter chocolate (yummm)

L: Beef stew, spinach.  'fried' apple (yes the comfort food) --- Sliced an apple thin cooking it in a small fry pan with pam and 1 pat butter, then added  1 tsp agave and 1 TBSP SF salted caramel syrup and cinnamon. You could try it without the butter and agave... but it was so good.

D: Tuna, on salad

S: Premier protein shake

Zumba tonight!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save