HEY YALL! I Need Some Advice...

C_Turner221
on 1/29/15 2:54 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Hey YALL! LOL!

I really need some advice about working out. I am always on call, with clients, etc. I am like where can I fit the time to workout for at least an hour with this hectic shift? 

I went to my 1 month appointment and I am doing great. I think???

I went from Start Weight: 248... SW: 228.....CW: 203.7! Doc thinks I'm doing great. Although my numbers are looking good, I feel like I am not working out enough at all. Uggh! Sad face :(

HELP!!!

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

iloveravens
on 1/29/15 3:08 am
RNY on 08/13/14

You're doing awesome!

I like to download workouts to my laptop - that way I always have them ready to go anytime (especially when traveling).  Even a brisk 20-30 minute walk is a great way to get some steps in. Lastly, going up and down stairs is a great way to burn a few calories. 

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

C_Turner221
on 1/29/15 10:28 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I think I am going to start walking for at least 30 minutes or something and tell everyone to leave me alone while doing it. I don't want to mess this up because of my wonderful job! LOL! 

Thanks for the advice! 

Muah!

Deana_
on 1/29/15 3:26 am

You are Rockin it girl!

i work in a call center and I make sure to walk around on my break as well as get up every so often. Sometimes I stand while taking a call. I also go to Bikram yoga after work. The weight is falling off of you. Almost to wonderland !!! 

C_Turner221
on 1/29/15 10:38 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Thank Honey Bunny I am trying!!! LOL!

Yeah I am going to have to do something.... Cause me and exercise see eye to eye, but where is the time??? LOL! Uggh!

Thanks for the encouragement... I am stuck on 203.7-204.1 LOL it fluctuates lol ! LOL!

Hope all is well with you! 

Kathy S.
on 1/29/15 3:36 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Take that hour and walk around and if you have stair**** the stairs.  Use your step tracker that is on your phone (or download one) to get those 10,000 steps in.  Do you have an option to have a bike at work?  If so, hop on the bike and ride for that hour.  See if other co-workers are interested in moving like you and start a walking club.  If you have access to a room, put tapes on and do Zumba and other exercise routine!  

You can be the piped piper of the company for good health!  Keep us posted on how you are doing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

C_Turner221
on 1/29/15 10:32 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Thank Kathy. 

I am not in our home office at this time, I am in the field office which is 1 level :(  No steps, etc.. Steps are only at the hospitals when I go....they are my friends...LOL ! So my only luck is to walking around.  I am going to have to do something.... Headquarters has a weight loss team for our Live Well Work Well Efforts, but I am always away from that place... Oh well. I am going to have to squeeze it in somewhere. 

Thanks!

Miss Liss
on 1/29/15 4:56 am

My schedule can be really hectic as well.  I find that I am not going to be one of those people who ever has time to hit the gym for 1 or 2 hours at a stretch.  I joined a gym that has a location near my office and another location near my house.  I go squeeze in what I can on my lunch hour and then squeeze a little more exercise in once I get off from work.  I go home and cook and eat with my family and then take my daughter with me to the gym.  We get exercise and get to spend some time together at the same time.  Between the lunch work out and the after dinner work out I get in my hour of exercise.  And I do this about 4 days of the week.  I figure it's better than nothing so I roll with it.  I tell you it's tough squeezing in time for yourself when you work full time and have kids involved in everything under the sun.  I just have to do what I can and not beat myself up over it.  Sounds like you are doing great!

princessjess73
on 1/29/15 8:29 am - Lees Summit, MO

I broke my foot on Christmas Eve. Complete non weight bearing for four weeks. Still booted. So depressed. I just want to be able to dance and get on the elliptical. It is hindering wt loss too for that month non wt bearing. I am just 11 w out

C_Turner221
on 1/29/15 10:40 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

I am soooooo sorry you hurt yourself. I know the feeling ... I broke my toes and tore my Achilles TWICE!!!! I was suited and booted for a LOOOOOOOONG Time. Don't worry you will be up and at it in no time. Stay positive and work those arms out LOL! Smile :) 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?