What's on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 1:03 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Yay for the scale Patty!  How awesome is that!  

Leather skates sound awesome!  I was a figure skater growing up, loved it but when I was MO my two nieces always came up to stay with me and my husband for a few days after Xmas, we took them out once to an ice rink and I don't know what the hell I was thinking but I jammed my feet into the skates of my youth, you know the sexy all white ones that all the skinny figure skater girls have!  Well when you weight close to 300lbs (at my highest) it just is the world most painful thing to balance 150 lbs on two friggin steel skates, like an elephant on toothpicks for crying out loud, I tried to go around the ice rink and was in so much pain, my ankles and knees that I got off the ice, ripped off the skates, went to the washroom had a good cry away from my nieces and vowed never to skate again. The thing is I love ice skating and I WANT to go but I do have anxiety.  

How did the unflavored isopure go?  Legit laughed out loud at your "mutgos" for dinner, that is soooo funny!

Patty R.
on 12/13/16 1:39 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I was a figure skater until I missed a landing and blew out my knee   :(   Never could get over the fear after that.  It's always a win to try, it took guts to get back on the ice then, you can do it now!!!

Well the isopure was ok in the coffee, but my goal was to try to space my protein out to help with the real hunger I have between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. Too early to know yet.  The scale victory helps keep my mouth closed!

I have to give credit to my Mom for mustgos, made leftovers more of a wanted thing. You got to pick what you wanted, 1st come 1st served. Last one in got the yucky leftovers!!

Karen9849
on 12/13/16 2:46 pm

I love the mustgos!  I never knew there was an official name for it.  my husband is the mustgo  king

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

Teena D.
on 12/13/16 5:17 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning!

I'm so excited. I already told Daisy in a message, but my surgery date is approaching quickly now- I still don't have a set date, but the centre I'm through called yesterday to confirm they are transferring my file to another centre - for surgery only. Aftercare will still be done through the original centre- Toronto Western where Daisy had hers. Anyway, I spoke to the other centre last week (Guelph) and they said they are all current with their own and are pretty much booking surgeries 2-6 weeks out from when we meet the surgeon.  It's a very slim possibility that I will meet the surgeon before Christmas but either way, it sounds like I will be looking at a January surgery date- February at the very latest. 

Today, I'm going to have 1 egg, sauteed veggies and 2 strips of bacon. Not sure about lunch or supper. 

My best Christmas? My mom always had huge Christmases for us as kids- everything we asked for without fail... but then the bill collectors would start calling so it left a bitter after taste. My niece was born on Christmas Day. I love Christmas with my kids- even though they all don't believe anymore. :(  We don't go overboard but we try to get them a lot of what they ask for.  I love sneaking in to their rooms to put their stockings on their beds.  Listening for them to wake up in the morning so that I can go down with them when they see the presents. We put out milk and cookies too. We have a special plate only used on Christmas Eve - it has Rudolph on it, and we put out carrots for the reindeer too. I love all the family get togethers. My husband's parents are coming ove on Christmas day this year, and then my family is coming on Boxing Day (Dec 26). My niece will be 21 this year,  and has made plans to spend boxing day with her boyfriend- so I've totally guilted her in to coming out on the 27th. :):)  

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

mschwab
on 12/13/16 7:03 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Congratulations on the approval for the earlier date!  It will be here before you know it.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Patty R.
on 12/13/16 7:22 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Oh, that's so great about surgery!!  Fingers crossed for sooner!!

Queen JB
on 12/13/16 10:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It's really happening! Woohoo!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 1:06 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am so thrilled for you!  Are you getting super nervous? Excited?  Feeling like "holy crap" its happening?  We are all here for you to help you on this crazy journey!!  Is your work going to give you paid sick time off?  Hope so!!

Great story about the stockings on the bed and the special plate for xmas eve.  Sounds like you will have lots of fun with your family & extended family this year.

Teena D.
on 12/13/16 1:14 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm getting there. Once I actually have the appointment from Guelph and then a surgery date it will be more real. I was so excited when I was cleared for surgery back in September to just have to wait and wait. So I'm hoping for the best. And yes it's like a roller coaster ride! I go from nervous to excited to I can't believe this is happening. ? 

Thank you to all of you guys. I feel like I have this huge squad on my side cheering me on. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

cc583
on 12/13/16 1:48 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

GREAT NEWS! Very happy for you!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?