What's on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 3:29 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning my menu friends!  How is everyone? Well I have to apologize to you all, yesterday I was so wrapped up in my weight gain and cookie addiction that I forgot a QOTD! So sorry my friends!  I won't forget today!  I am VERY HAPPY to report that I totally resisted all treats yesterday, not that I didn't want them, I still do very much, but I needed to get my head back in the game and those of us a year or more post op know how much this is a head game!!  I was 130.8 lbs yesterday and today I was 129.0 so a loss of 1.8 is good, the scale is going back down!!!  More snow is reported for my area, actually we are supposed to get snow all week, last nights hike with the dogs was exhausting, trudging through the snow is a workout my friends, I highly recommend it if you need an all body workout!

QOTD: Tell us your first memory of your favorite Christmas gift.  Can be when you were a kid or an adult. In my family my sister and I are the only grandchildren, we have a very small family and we got some really awesome gifts as kids. My sister and I were hard core into Barbie dolls.  We had it all, the clothes, the carrying case, the Corvette, you name it.  Well I remember coming around the corner of the living room and in-front of the tree was a massive Barbie house.  I was only 6 or 7 years old so it seemed like Buckingham Palace to me!  I am sure it stood 5 feet tall!  It was off the charts huge and my sister and I were ecstatic!!  I assure you we were the envy of the neighborhood! The other really good memory I have is not a gift but to little kid me it was amazing. We put out our cookies and milk for Santa and big long carrots for the Reindeer, and I remember one Christmas morning waking up and running over to "check" if Santa had been to our house and see if the cookies and carrots were eaten.  Usually my folks just ate a cookie and broke the carrots, well they got creative and sprinkled crumbs all over the plate and mantle and they nibbled the carrots and left teeth marks and all, well to 5 year old Daisy that was epic, it truly proved that Santa was there. Funny the things that stick out from our childhoods! 

Time since surgery: 3 years

B: vanilla yogurt & fresh raspberries and 1 tbsp of bran buds (thanks Catwoman7 for the idea!)

L: can of solid white tuna over 1/2 a yellow bell pepper and balsamic dressing

S: 2 babybel and 1/3 cup of dry roasted peanuts (yes I measured it out!)

D: 4oz of rotisserie chicken with 1/2 cup of steamed zucchini and lots of butter!

S: fresh raspberries with SF cool whip (thanks RNY_Elizabeth for the idea) and 2 babybel before bed

TOTALS: 814 calories, 90 protein, 36 carbs - these totals make me happy!

V: well I forgot my patches again! I will put them on when I get home and sleep with them on, my head is somewhere else obviously

L: coffee all day long and water with SF cran all day long

E: hike the dogs in the even deeper snow tonight as its supposed to snow all day today, my legs are getting quite the workout I tell ya! After dinner I have a few errands to run, need to pick up some bottles of wine for Christmas gifts and some gift bags from the dollar store

Have an awesome day friends, 12 sleeps to Christmas, be fabulous today! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Grim_Traveller
on 12/13/16 4:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I can just see little Daisy getting all excited over the cookie crumbs and nibbles carrots! Your parents were very sweet. And funny. I'd have done the same thing for my daughter, but let's face it -- there was no way I was nibbling on carrots.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 12:54 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Grim the Grinch, wouldn't even nibble on a carrot for your poor daughter! Shame on you!  So what did you leave Santa and the Reindeer in your house? Ribeye and bacon?  LOL LOL LOL

Insert Fitness
on 12/13/16 4:28 am

12 sleeps! Ack!! Officially in panic mode now.

My appointment with the kinesiologist was great. I should prob do a separate post, but we went through core excersises ( I worry a bit about incisional hernias, and want to do whatever is in my control to minimize the risk of it). She put together a rough draft of 4 different types of full body strength training routines (6 weeks each), she encouraged me to continue with my running, and we went over stretching, what to watch for, etc. she also gave me a list of smaller local gyms (I'm curious about finding group strength classes or Hiit that aren't 50 people) and apps for tracking and YouTube channel. Hahaha I got my full hours worth!

qotd: There was a time in the late 80s or early 90s, when it became the thing for parents where I'm from to go Christmas shopping in the states. Well, one year my parents bought me a new mountain bike. Might not seem exciting, but guys, it was white, mauve and mint green, with a mauve seat! No one had ever seen a bike with a purple seat! They only came in black or maybe white! The other one was my cabbage patch doll Ruby. I recently sent my mom a clip from CBC archives of crazy parents storming a department store to ask if that's what she went through to get. She said actually, no, it was sold out everywhere. Then Steadman's got a shipment, so I picked it up while grocery shopping. (Stedmans is a small hardware/homewAre store, that's attached to the grocery store in a town of about 1000 people. Hahahah

Menu:

B: protein shake

L: sushi (a friends maternity leave is almost up, so we're going out for lunch. There's lots of wls friendly options, but in general I don't find it worth the $.

D: tbd but I think I'll pick up some tofu, I need a little break from meat.

Have a great day everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 12/13/16 10:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Your bike sounds awesome :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 12/13/16 12:58 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I know right on the 12 sleeps!  Gee whiz time is flying!

Glad the Kin appt went so well.

I love your story, your bike sounds epic!  Purple is my fav colour so I would have loved that!!!  I remember the Cabbage Patch doll craze, it was not my thing I was a bit older and not into them.  We had a Steadmans in our hometown, loved it there!!  Gone are the days of Mom & Pop shops eh?!

I could eat Salmon sashimi with extra wasabi ALL DAY LONG!  Now I need to get hubby to take me out for sushi!!

Teena D.
on 12/13/16 1:10 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

We have a team lunch next week at a sushi place. Can't wait. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Patty R.
on 12/13/16 5:10 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good Morning!! Very good morning for me as the scale is FINALLY making me smile again!

QOTD: I remember this so clearly as if it were yesterday!! Santa brought me a pair of real, leather ice skates!! I still have them, but..have not skated in nearly 40 years.    Used to be a "rink rat".

3+ months post-op

B: coffee w/ sf coffee-mate and added unflavored isopure 1/2 scoop (we'll see how this works out)

L: left-over country style rib

D: left-over venison meat loaf

(the whole family will be having mustgos for dinner, every thing in the fridge that MUST GO!!)

Cal: 762   Prot: 67   Carb: 17

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Teena D.
on 12/13/16 6:29 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Mustgo meals! Love it!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

catwoman7
on 12/13/16 9:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was thinking the same thing - I got a pair of white leather ice skates for Christmas when I was 10.  I loved them!  I probably still have them around somewhere..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics