What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Maddymoe2
on 12/9/18 5:56 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. Its a blustery day in the PNW. I have been awake since 3:45. The wind is keeping me up. I was also having odd dreams about a tummy tuck.

I ate popcorn yesterday and it did not sit well. I won't be doing that again.

I really need to go to Costco today and Cash and Carry for work. Tuesday I am making Christmas dinner at work for 50. I am looking forward to my work closing for 2 weeks over the holiday.

QOTD- I make soup a lot! Our family loves it. I actually make creamy chicken with wild rice on Friday and had people over. I remember as a little girl, my Grandmother would make big pots of soup and we would deliver quart jars to people. Soup makes people happy.

Food for today-

2 scrambled eggs with 2 oz black forest ham, jalapenos

1 can albacore tuna with SG poppyseed dressing, red onion

P2 protein pack. I found some that just have turkey and ham with cheese, 150 calories and 14 protein, 2 carbs. I prefer this over the ones with nuts.

Not sure on dinner

Lots of water and hot tea. Vitamins on track

I didn't exercise yesterday. I wanted to walk, but it was just cold. Hopefully today I can get motivated, even if its just 20 minutes on the elliptical in the garage.

karenp8
on 12/9/18 6:20 am - Brighton, IL

I slept in a bit too today. Lily and I haven't walked yet as we're waiting and hoping for it to get a bit warmer. It's a whopping 16 feels like 4 now. Yesterday when we walked it was about the same. The wind whipping around us across the completely flat empty fields was miserable. We walked really fast though and did 4 miles in an hour. The plan is the same for today at some point.. Accountability was good yesterday food and stepwise. Weight today 126. Heres the food plan B 2/3 c mighty maple earnest eats hot cereal. I found a couple flavors of this at Walmart in Springfield for variety. It is steel cut oats,.whey protein powder,sunflower seeds,pepitas,almonds and a bit of quinoa as well as probiotics. Caloriewise its about the as my oats when I add protein powder. It has 18 grams of protein and no added sugar and has a different texture but is pretty tasty. I also got an apple flavored one too but haven't tried it yet. Since I like it I'll probably never see it in a store near me again! L 1 Leftover foo patty D 4 oz baked chicken 1/4 c green beans S string cheese sm meat stick. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Amy Liz
on 12/9/18 8:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

My mom used to say - Oh I like it which means they'll stop making it now!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 12/9/18 6:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

We got home around dinner time yesterday. Last night I made cottage cheese, and I started some yogurt about an hour ago (I usually never let myself run out, but it was intended this time since we were supposed to be away for a few days - homemade doesn't last as long as commercial!). We have to pick up one of the cats later this morning who's staying with a friend. Then??? Just rest up, I guess!

now I'm kind of hoping my surgery can be rescheduled for this coming Friday as my cat sitters are going to be available. If the vet has room to board my medical case kitty, which she probably can (I'll call them Monday morning), then this may be a go - as long as the surgeon's schedule is free AND his wrist is healed enough to do the surgery. If not, I think it might have to wait until the spring, because we have the holidays coming up, followed by some very unpredictable weather months. I don't want to cancel again because of some stupid blizzard!

QOTD: I haven't eaten canned soup in years. When I make soup, it's usually shrimp & sausage gumbo, cream of celery, or cream of asparagus. Even though it's technically not soup, I often make chili in the winter. There were a couple other types that I made a lot before surgery - that Italian soup with sausage, kale, and potatoes, potato leek soup, and borscht. I could do borscht again - not sure why I stopped making that one.

accountability: we ate out at least one meal a day while we were in Chicago. Although I ended up going over my 1500-1700 range a couple of the days, it wasn't by much, and my choices were fairly good ones. I'm up a pound this morning, but I think it might be mostly sodium.

3.5 months out:

B: Greek yogurt with homemade blueberry/blackberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: emiepie egg salad on a Flat Out wrap, grapes

AS: hummus with baby carrots

D: my mom was talking about taking us out to dinner as a belated birthday celebration for DH. So I'll make good choices wherever we end up going. In the off chance we stay here, maybe turkey meatballs with some of those Birds Eye veggie noodles??

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 12/9/18 8:52 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I grew up eating my mom's incredible cream of celery soup. People always looked at me funny when I would rave or get excited about it because it sounds so basic and blah, but it was pure heaven. Okay, now I want some!!

catwoman7
on 12/9/18 9:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

if I can't get good, super strongly-flavored celery from the farmers' market, then I'll use celeriac instead (AKA celery root). Making it with that wimpy celery you get at the grocery store would definitely make the resulting soup blah! (although sometimes I'll throw in a couple of stalks of that anyway when I use celeriac). I've also used both celeric AND strong farmers' market celery for a super burst of celery flavor!). I often sprinkle in some celery seed or celery salt, too, for more flavor. Love it!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 12/9/18 10:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I never though of using celery root, I'll have to try that! My mom would use a super dark green celery bunch - the whole thing leaves and all w/celery seed/salt. SO GOOD!

Greateight
on 12/9/18 7:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody. I completely blew my task of getting pictures from the Field museum last night. I forgot to bring my phone, which happens all the time. But then Marilyn forgot to bring hers, which never happens. Then we got in line to have our pictures taken but the line moved so slowly that we gave up on that task as well.

Today I have to take my sons (14 and16) to get suits. We are having a sitting for a family painting next week and they recommended darker suits for men. Who thinks that two teenage boys are quite excited to get up early on a winter Sunday and go clothes shopping?

QOTD: I love soup, especially since i am so cold lately. Chili, Beef Barley and Gumbo all sound wonderful. We are actually making chili today.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Light and fit

Lunch: Mahi burger

Snack: ham and cheese slices

Dinner: Chili

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 12/9/18 2:24 pm

More important than photos is that you had a good time!

your comment about teenage boys being enthused about getting up early on a winter Sunday to go clothes shopping cracked me up! I know exactly how excited my son would have been about that (not at all, in other words)!

Amy Liz
on 12/9/18 7:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ Yesterday was a great day, super busy but really enjoyable! I love watching Christmas movies, especially the old ones. Last night was Christmas in Connecticut. I love everything about old movies - the way they dress, act, talk it's fun and interesting. For a while afterwards, Rob and will talk like that its so funny! Today is cold! well cold to us here anyway, 40 degrees! We are so spoiled I don't think we would make it living in real winter! Robs car was over a $1000, ugh I'm not surprised. It needed front and rear brakes, new tires and every filter know to man...but he's worth it. When we picked up the car he said it felt brand new, lol. So, that put the kibosh on any extra shopping for now. NFL today, baking and who knows what else, maybe a nap! A lazy day for sure.

QOTD - 100% prefer homemade. I used to make all kinds but my focus is protein so I don't make them anymore. I've been craving chicken pot pie/chicken and dumplings so they may happen soon. Canned soup always tastes funny to me. I love Trader Joe's Red pepper and tomato soup (carton).

Accountability - I ate a few high cal items yesterday and I'm feeling super bloated. One was a Jimmy Dean egg'wich. It was just okay and not worth the calories. I'd rather eat an actual egg. I made beef pork meatballs fr the first time in LONG time and I actually prefer turkey now! Go figure. I also had a skinny latte and pretzels.

2 years oout

b- coffee x 2, scrambles eggs

l- leftover meatballs

d-baked chicken

v/l - on track

Have an awesome day

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views