What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 1/12/19 4:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!!

I usually go to an early morning yoga class on Saturdays, but there's a sub today. Boo. I ADORE the regular instructor. I may still go, though - but I'm thinking I might do a Zumba class instead. It's been a couple of days since I've done any cardio, and I had a good streak going for awhile. I also need to make some turkey chili for the week since we're tied up a good chunk of the day tomorrow. Otherwise...??? Pretty open day!!

QOTD: If you had to give up either your phone on the internet for a week, which would you choose? I'd give up my phone, hands down. In fact, I'd gladly give it up for a week even if I wasn't being forced to. I HATE talking on the phone, and I hate hearing it ring. It's so disruptive! Half the time I have the sound turned off (although I do check several times a day to see if anyone's tried to get a hold of me - and if so, I do call them back!!)

3 years 7 months out:

B: homemade coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 small mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cottage cheese

AS: choice of light yogurt, protein pumpkin pie, or baby carrots with 2 T hummus

D: turkey chili if it's done. Otherwise maybe the rest of the chicken breast (from last night) and some veggies

ex: I'm thinking Zumba at the moment...

have a great day, All!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 1/12/19 5:37 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menufriends! We had about 5 inches ofsnow overnight and it's still coming down so most of my exercise willl be the dreadmill. I'll head down there shortly. Most likely Lily and I will walk arounnd the block at some point too. She likes snow but usually its just a dusting and this deeper stuffhas her freaked out.. She was hopping and picking her feet up strangely like the videos of the dogs with boots you see. She does have boots too but has never gotten used to them. I also had a hard time getting her to leave them on. We may try them though to see if she's more comfortable with the snow that way. Accoountability yesterday was spot on andweight is still 124.6. QOTD phone for sure. I hate the phone--everything about it.. Heres todays food B1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L2 slice deli meatl 1 slice cheese D 4 oz baked chicken thigh 3 bites green beans S meat stick. Have a great day everyone ! Time to find some coffee!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/12/19 7:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL at Lily in boots! I tried them with one dog once - good for a laugh but the dog wouldn't go anywhere!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 1/12/19 7:40 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody. We are getting a little bit of snow today, but it's Karen's part of the state that is getting the big accumulation. We are supposed to get between 2-3 inches, I think. Not a lot on the agenda today I'm hoping to go to the gym for a swim this afternoon. Its my son's birthday this week so we are watching Deadpool 2 tonight. I have warned my wife but she says she is up to it. We'll see.

QOTD: My phone is my work phone so its a source of stress. I would go with internet if I had a choice and we were in a world where I could be non-responsive for a week.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Skirt Steak

Snack: Light and fit

Dinner: What fam is having or more skirt steak.

Have a great day all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 1/12/19 7:25 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning weekenders! Last night was so nice - rainy, roaring fire and we watched the movie A Simple Favor - I really liked it, a black dramedy and very much Robs type of movie. It's still raining here and I'm looking forward to a chill weekend of food, fires and football!! I didn't plan for exercise and I doubt I will as I'm pretty stoked about a very chill weekend. I'm also making turkey chili today! Complete with onions and peppers which Rob does not like so this batch is for me alone. I will eat this until I can't stand it anymore and freeze the rest. I can't wait! I'm also making wings buffalo wings and will attempt to do a crack chicken like recipe using some asian seasoned ground chicken I found at Trader Joes. A pedicure is also on the agenda at some point along with cleaning/laundry and serious prep/planning for the week.

QOTD - I have a love/hate relationship with my phone - it has everything and I rely on it for tons of stuff - but as an actual phone - as in talking? Not so much. I'd rather receive an email or text. I would prefer internet over phone, yesiree!

Accountability - I ate all-the-almonds last night for dinner in an effort to not eat other bad things. I'm actually happy with this as it was a 'plan b' I had in place for this very reason and it work as intended.

2 years, 1 month - 166.0

b- coffee x 4, nonfat plain fage w/ vanilla, splenda and blackberries

l-crispy baked buffalo wings with blue cheese

d-turkey chili with extra sharp cheddar, onion and hot sauce

s- SF jello

v/l - on track

e-no

Have a wonderful day!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/12/19 7:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I haven't made chili for a while and I love it. Next "chilly" spell here and it's on the menu!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Writergurl08
on 1/12/19 7:34 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Snowing here, which is a slap in the face after being in the 50s for the last couple of weeks. Hello, winter, there you are! If it's not too bad out this evening, I think DH is taking me on a dinner and movie date :) We want to see Aquaman. He suggested steak, and I said we should keep with the theme and have seafood lol.

qotd: I'd give up my phone in a heartbeat, I hate talking on it. But I use internet for streaming music, TV and movies, reading, etc.

menu: I'm about to get up and make breakfast burritos on low-carb wraps. Turkey sausage, eggs, cheese, and peppers.

Lunch will be tuna salad on spinach I think

dinner is seafood of some variety likely with a salad.

if I'm being very honest, there will likely be popcorn at the movie, but I do ok just sharing a small or kids size with DH.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

seattledeb
on 1/12/19 11:14 am

I broke the popcorn habit with beef jerky. It can last a whole movie!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/12/19 1:06 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I take a light and fit (and a spoon) or weigh out nuts and bring them. Today I went to a 10 am show and snuck in coffee

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/12/19 7:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I've been a little sporadic posting on the menu thread - lots going on since we arrived in Florida. But I read as often as I can!

And although I have been maintaining at the weight I was at the beginning of the month I haven't made any progress in dropping it back into my previously preferred range.

QOTD: I'd definitely give up my phone first as long as I could communicate with my kids via the internet (which I can). Like you I hate talking on the phone. If I'm going to chat I prefer doing it in person.

2 Years 9.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 1.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: Fish of some sort - going to a local fish restaurant

S: sweetened cottage cheese

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views