What's on your Photo Friday menu, RNYers?

bethmal
on 5/10/19 3:15 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Finally the end to a super busy week. Looking forward to the weekend. PT has left me sore this morning but it's not stopping me from getting things done.

QOTD: What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given? My dad gave me the best advice about 9 years ago. My cousin wanted me to be her daughter's godmother at the same time my niece wanted me to be her daughter's godmother. I guess I could have been both but my cousin is a bit of a drama queen and my dad flat out said, "Do you want to be tied to that mess for the next 18 years and beyond? Think about it." I have one goddaughter.

Accountability: Not good

B: HB egg

MS: protein shake

L: leftover chicken taco meat with sour cream and crunchy tortilla strips

AS: cheese and blackberries

D: ? not sure because we are definitely going out

Pictures are from the garden. Everything is sprouting and coming up nicely. Oh, and my strawberry patch has a ton of strawberries.

Have a great weekend!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

catwoman7
on 5/10/19 3:54 am, edited 5/9/19 8:54 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Lunch today with a friend at the Good Food Low Carb Cafe (yes - a low carb restaurant!). I also need to straighten up this house a bit and make more headway on a library book that's due in a couple of weeks (actually, I have SEVERAL due, some of which can't be renewed any more, but I really do want to finish this one!). We leave for Chicago tomorrow (PS follow-up on Monday morning), so there's packing, too (not that there's much packing to do for just a weekend, but I get obsessive about such things. You'd think they don't have any stores in Chicago...).

QOTD: no advice that really had life-long effects on me, although when I mentioned to an uncle 20 or so years ago that I hoped to travel to this place and that "someday". He said: "Do it now. DO IT NOW". He and my aunt had numerous health problems in their 60s and died in their early 70s, so I'm sure he wished he would have followed his own advice. Their retirement turned out to be very different than what he'd imagined. Although since I went back & forth on signing up for my upcoming trip to India but then thought I'd better sign up or I may never have the chance again, maybe I HAVE internalized his advice...

3 years 11 months out:

B: homemade coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: we'll be at the low carb place. The only other time I went I got the Asian meatballs over zoodles. I feel like I should try something else, but that dish was so good that I may get it again!

AS: if needed, light yogurt with strawberries or raspberries

D: I didn't eat that rotisserie chicken yesterday that's been in my fridge for several days now. I HAVE to eat that rotisserie chicken (there's only about 2 oz left of it) - so that on a Flat Out - with lettuce and tomato

ES: if needed, light yogurt again

picture I took of two of our cats yesterday. I walked in my bedroom to (hopefully) take a nap, and I found these two lovebirds in my spot:

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sheila_H
on 5/10/19 7:26 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

They look so cute together. They almost form a laying down like this with their heads together.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 5/10/19 12:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

this is a picture I took of them about 10 years ago - they look even more like a heart in this one!!

Sheila_H
on 5/10/19 1:15 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Beautiful....and I'm not even a cat person. So that's a huge compliment from me.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 5/10/19 12:25 pm

What beautiful cats!

catwoman7
on 5/10/19 12:34 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks! The one on the left is actually a former show cat - although that was YEARS ago! (he's 14 now)

Writergurl08
on 5/10/19 4:34 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Your garden is beautiful!!

im working from home for a few hours this morning and then off for the day--we're going to a River Riot rock festival today. It's been raining all week and not supposed to get much higher than 65 degrees today, so it will be more tennis shoes and hoodie weather rather than summer tank top weather haha. That's ok though, there's a good lineup of bands.

Qotd: We need to be made slightly uncomfortable in order to grow. It's helped immensely. Every time I have anxiety about doing something, I know I need to push through and do it, and I'll come out better for it.

Breakfast: coffee, slim fast shake

lunch: might have a tuna packet and HB egg before we head out

dinner: I doubt there will be many decent options at this show, but if there's a bbq truck, I'll eat the innards of a sandwich

ni pic today--don't have any new ones since I posted my new hairdo

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

karenp8
on 5/10/19 4:41 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post from me this morning. We found out last night that the leaders for our project that starts Monday are stuck in Birmingham with a broken down RV so we will be leading till they get there. So this morning we will pack up instead of working and head out so we can arrive early afternoon in Springville Indiana to meet with the camp director to get final instructions on what they want done. Accountability yesterday fair:steps were great,food was bad(2 mini chocolate bars-happy to be leaving them) and water was terrible--only 60 ounces so that is my goal for today. Weight today 124. Heres the food B2/3 c earnest eats hot cereal Ll 3/4 c cheesy broccoli soup D 4 oz baked fish 1/4 c green beans S if needed 2 oz pork rinds with 1 T salsa. Have a great day full of amazing choices!

Greateight
on 5/10/19 5:26 am, edited 5/9/19 10:34 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

First off, I would like to wish all of the Mom's (particularly those that don't post/read over the weekends) a happy Mother's Day.

This morning is starting to slip away from me, but I need to get going if I am going to catch my train. I am going to South Beach for a work trip Monday so I won't be posting for a few days after this weekend. I may actually go to the beach which is something that I never thought I would do anywhere around co-workers.

66 Burpees today.

QOTD: Do not let the time it takes to accomplish something deter you from doing so, because the time will pass anyway and at the end of it you will either have accomplished what you wanted to or not. Also, change as many diapers as possible before the baby starts eating solid foods - those milk diapers are easy and it gives a Dad the aura of helping out. Lets face it, once the solid foods start you might as well be changing your own diaper.

Pictures are the last from the Derby, I promise.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein Bar

Lunch: Beef

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: Chicken

Have a great, day all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views