Food/vomit

Tracywaites
on 9/9/19 5:58 pm

Greetings friends, I'm four weeks post-op and for the last four days can't hold food down. I've also noticed when I make something I can't eat it again. Is this normal? I'd rather drink then eat

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/9/19 7:28 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

That's definitely not normal. Have you called your surgeon?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

catwoman7
on 9/9/19 8:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I agree with the above poster. I'd call your surgeon. Although I'm not saying it's a stricture (because it might not be), you're in the right time frame for one.

White Dove
on 9/10/19 1:32 am - Warren, OH

This definitely sounds like a stricture. Call your surgeon. It is a quick and easy fix. Avoid any solid foods until you get this resolved. It does not get better on its own and some people have gotten to where they vomit liquids too. Get in touch with your surgeon's office today.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 9/10/19 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I had problems in the beginning too just make sure your getting in your liquids and protein any way you can even if you have to revert back to your last stage menu .

As for not being able to eat a food a second time my question would be are you reheating it in a microwave?

It actually changes the texture and it can be to dry to go down. I very rarely use a microwave anything. I throw stuff in my air fryer to reheat. I had many troubles as I progressed through the stages so I want you to know I feel for you. But I want to reassure you it does get better with time. Good luck on your journey.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Tracywaites
on 9/10/19 8:53 am

Calling my surgeon thx ladies I appreciate the feedback

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views