What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Teenie
on 9/23/19 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Sorry your still under the weather JB.

Successful weekend weight wise so I am happy with no gain. I really made sure I did't over do it and really limited my carbs. So no gain but no loss either. I tried to go without my morning Protein shake last week to see if it will help me loose and I only took off 2 lbs so I am adding it back in my diet since that has worked up till now and see if I can get these last two pesky pounds off.

I did take the time to make some Premier protein fudge and cheesecake bites to keep me from eating scoops of peanut butter. I think these will be better choices If I find the urge to snack at night. I'll see what the scale thinks.

QOTD: I use Bariatric advantage HPMR and I only like the Iced latte and I mix it with Super skim milk. I've tried others but this works best for me. I also make overnight oats and add a scoop of protein powder sometime vanilla cinnamon and coconut, and sometimes chocolate and PB2

TSS 1 year 9 months 12 days 142.4 lbs ( on my way back to 140.2 after last weekends bad choices)

B: Bariatric Advantage Iced Latte w/Miralax

CB: Dark roast coffee with and SF pumpkin spice creamer and stevia

MS L&F pumpkin pie Greek yogurt and one Sous Vide turkey Egg bite

L: Zucchini Lasagna and Premier cheesecake bite

D: Mississippi pot roast quesadilla

LS Gloria jeans Toffee coffee and Aldi SF French Vanilla creamer

Exercise: None I got a bushel of tomatoes I have to turn into sauce.

Everybody have a great day.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 9/24/19 2:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ooh, I haven't had overnight oats in ages!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ScaleSkater
on 9/23/19 6:54 am

Good morning. Nice relaxing weekend and getting packed up for next week - Door County trip with the dogs. I love that place. Accountability was fair, really much better than most weekends, so I'm happy - nothing big. Maybe more SF fudge pops than I should have eaten and an extra bagel snack I absolutely didn't need.

QOTD - While I'm not a big fan of my NUT, I'll drop a few of her words here for the QOTD. Be very careful with the add-ins post op in the shakes. In her experience, those who struggle early and/or later, play around too much with add-ins beyond extracts. Because of that I followed their rules, which was to just add in SF syrups and extracts. I found that I really enjoyed the Syntrax Peach with adding unsweetened Lipton instant tea mix (just a tsp or less). I also found that adding Almond extract really leveled out the flavor profile of most of my shake mixes. I was very careful about only using Whey Isolate products in the first six months. In the end I tried almost all of the program option approved shakes and found Syntrax appealed the most to me, but not all the flavors (Apple, Watermelon, Peach, Tea, Grapefruit, Grape, Vanilla - were my go tos). Thankfully Syntrax has a sampler package to try.

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal and 2 scrambeled eggs, a bit of berries in the oatmeal (6 raspberries)

L - 3 oz chicken, 1 oz cheese and small salad, small apple

S - 1/2 oz dried salami, small orange

D - 4 oz chicken, small salad, beets (left over from dinner yesterday).

S - 1 cup frozen mango

Exercise - Active recovery day, so only stretching and rolling

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Julia S.
on 9/23/19 8:22 am, edited 9/23/19 1:24 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I started with the premier protein chocolate, and ended up finding out I am lactose intolerant. So I switched to plant based and clear proteins with whey protein isolate. My favorites are now Syntrax Nector Roadside Lemonade, Twisted Cherry and Fuzzy Navel. I rarely use them any more, but if I need a quick protein add I will make one occasionally.

I ended up using the dreadmill yesterday and was feeling some vertigo so I gave up after 1.5 miles. Don't have my goretex shoes yet so didn't brave the rain. It might clear off a little today so I'll try to go right after work.

My roommate is back, woke me up about 5AM playing his play station. Can I say how much I hate that thing! It's OK I just read until it was time to get up. Neil Gaiman American Gods it is really good.

Has anyone seen Downton Abbey yet? I was trying to go all weekend but it was too crowded. I will make it sometime this week.

Edited to add a NSV I can now wear my smallest jeans size 12 Liz Claiborne boot cut and I rock them!

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Emiepie
on 9/23/19 9:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great NSV!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 9/23/19 12:10 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy size 12 day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 9/23/19 1:04 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Congratulations on the nsv

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/23/19 3:52 pm, edited 9/23/19 8:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Whoo hoo on the size 12! Way To go!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/23/19 8:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ LOVE that meme - one of my favorites! Sorry you have been so sick, JB. I hope I missed that same fate at my office. Apparently they were dropping like flies while I was gone last week. I've been MIA due to lots of plans and traveling for a conference, but I'm back. The last 8 days have not been good food or exercise wise. I've been struggling with my control issues. I want to control everything I eat and do, but it makes it so hard to be flexible and roll socially - I become far to rigid. This conference for instance - I participated in all the social events this year. I let go and had a great time but ate all the things and didn't exercise. Last year I was in full obsessive mode - up and in the gym first thing, hard core 100% on plan avoided all the food traps and socializing. I can't seem to strike a balance. It's all or nothing.

QOTD - I am not a fan of shakes. I used Premier Protein but only lasted about a month. In the end all I could get down was half frozen caramel favor. I use Quest protein powder to make pancakes now. I like the cinnamon one. I tried making ice cream with them - not bad, but more trouble than its worth for me.

Accountability - Today is new day!

Exercise - 30 cardio, 15 circuit, 20 hydro massage

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 9/23/19 9:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome back!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 264 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 134 views
Recent Topics