What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 10/17/19 11:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

LOL, I know you were talking about the phone/comms aspect but I have to tell you, at least once a week I have to have a conversation about "internal customers" and "external customers"...if everyone in the company treated each other like a customer we would get so much more done. I get proud when I hear my spiel come out of someone else's mouth, lol!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 10/17/19 9:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I work from home, but haven't had a land line in a good 10 years! I am curious if offices still have phones. Too funny. We all Skype and Zoom all the time :)

Partlypollyanna
on 10/17/19 11:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

We still have desk phones and I try to remember to check my voice mail every couple of weeks.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 10/17/19 9:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I remember when the office where I worked when I was a grad student in the early 80s got a word processor. Word processors were a separate thing back then - not just software on a PC. In fact, we didn't even have PCs - we had a mainframe. Our word processor had a monitor and a big box where the "guts" were.

anyway, one of the undergraduate workers in the office become sort of an expert on this word processor. He used it every day to type up crap up for us and eventually figured out pretty much everything about it.

we used to tell him he was really going to go places with all his knowledge about the word processor. He eventually wrote a best selling book and became a gazillionaire (I'm assuming...). I'm sure his word processor expertise had nothing to do with that, though!

White Dove
on 10/17/19 12:39 pm - Warren, OH

I remember the word processing machine and pretty sure I had a one hour training course before I started using it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina135
on 10/17/19 7:14 am

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday Eve!

QOTD - So. Many. Emails. Work, and personal. I blame myself on lots of the personal, because I see these cool things and email them to myself, and then I sign up for newsletters and updates from places and things I want to remember. I am an email hoarder. I do clean it out once a week.

Breakfast - I was so excited, I had time to stop and get a skinny vanilla latte with almond milk from Starbucks. Also, slice of all grain toast with vegan cream cheese and some "everything but the bagel" seasoning.

Snack - Frozen frui****er smoothie, tangerine, rice cake with peanut butter (not all at once, spread out during day)

Lunch - Something from local vegetarian/vegan restaurant, possibly my favorite Korean "beef" burrito with french fries. (I share with husband)

Dinner - Pizza! I have been craving it all week.

I hope everyone has a lovely day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Amy Liz
on 10/17/19 7:52 am, edited 10/17/19 1:07 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning all~ OMG that meme - I would be popcorn! Yesterday was much like the day before... no gym and a carb dinner. I am emotionally and physically exhausted. Emotionally - beyond real life issues - I am so tired of the food fight and constant anxiety. I want food peace. I am curious about and researching intuitive eating. I downloaded my very first audible last night (yay!) from the library and listened to it on the way into to work today - about Intuitive eating. I know it doesn't make sense to listen to and trust my body considering my history with weight and food, but what if I could learn to do that? Make peace with food and my body? The first hour has me intrigued about the process, open to learning what its about and if it could work for me. Physically - my hips hate me, but seem to have popped into a good place this morning - we shall see cuz I really want to run today and try out my new shoes. Did I just say that, haha?!

QOTD - Personal probably 10 a day now - I too have unsubscribed to a mega ton of junk. Work - it varies by the day - Monday are always heavier - 50ish but by Friday its maybe 15.

Accountability - no

Exercise Gym - interval training, hydro

TSS 2 years, 10 mo 176.6

b-coffee x 3 w/hh

l-turkey meatballs w/SF ketchup + Worcestershire sauce

d-chicken breast and green beans

s L&F fro yo and or tea w/hh

ETA - damn typos

True story

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Dcgirl
on 10/17/19 9:16 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG this is totally me too!!! HILARIOUS! I feel like I have no eyes at all when I don't wear eyeliner LOL.

Amy Liz
on 10/17/19 10:49 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Right? Downright nekkid - especially without my glasses!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 10/17/19 10:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

The struggle is real. We have to find what works for each of us and continue to adjust and pivot (insert Ross voice) as we go along.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 489 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 378 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 317 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 203 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?