What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Teenie
on 4/9/20 12:09 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

yes all my likes disappeared yesterday and I could not upload photos on Tuesday.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 4/9/20 8:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh interesting--I just assumed it was out internet not loading the page all the way but if you are experiencing it too, then its a site issue!

Happy New Treadmill Day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 4/9/20 8:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I may give up on "liking" all the replies for now since they don't stay - LOL. Just know, I "like" everyone's posts.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 4/9/20 2:22 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

In case it doesn't show it, I liked this, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

NYMom222
on 4/9/20 6:36 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I finally made my fish tacos last night and forgot how freaking amazing they taste. Now I have no more fish. :/ Maybe shrimp tacos.

QOTD: I am using a wide athletic headband that spreads open enough

• protein hot chocolate, low carb French toast
  • chicken soup, salad
  • shrimp tacos
  • S: veggies, protein, Greek yogurt

Ex: rest day but will still probably do some stretching. Supposed to rain all day so no walk outside

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Queen JB
on 4/9/20 8:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Mmmm everything on your menu sounds amazing.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 4/9/20 12:11 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I want to come to your place for eats. Yummmy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

artchikk
on 4/9/20 6:38 am
RNY on 02/12/18

I haven't left my house besides going for walks out in the neighborhood with story in the last week, except for one trip to the grocery store last Friday and that was super weird and uncomfortable. I think I want to send Joe next time...I was trying to get enough to last 2 weeks so I wouldn't have to go out again but completely neglected to remember to get anything to cook for Easter dinner...I know it's just us and we could just eat whatever...but I feel like I want to make it more normal for Story, since usually we would be celebrating with her aunts/uncles and cousins at a big dinner together...at least I can make a ham. We are going to zoom chat while decorating eggs with the kids on Saturday morning at least.

My eating is all over the place. Yesterday I was great until dinner time, which I ate, then had some pudding after (it was sugar free at least) and then I ended up also eating a handful of cashews and dried cherries that I shared with Story while we played Pop-o-matic trouble for the 34,576th time. then I also ended up munching on some crackers and PB at about 9pm and then I had food guilt.
Luckily I was actually down half a lb this morning...so trying to keep it under control today!

QOTD: I was actually jus****ching some YouTube videos on how to make an effective face mask last night. When I went to the store on Friday I just had one of those neck things you pull up over your face to protect from dust particles like in the desert. I doubled it up but its still probably not very effective. I have a sewing machine and plenty of fabric scraps so I am going to check out what supplies I have in the basement, maybe after I am logged out of work today, and see if I can fabricate something with them...I'd like to be able to have one for each of us and maybe spares too, so we have another handy if the other is in the wash or something...not like we're planning to go anywhere but just in case.

Morning: All the coffees
B: slice of low carb banana bread w/olive oil butter spread
MS: L&F yogurt w/granola sprinkled on top
L: leftover turkey sausage, kale & sweet potatoes
D: bratwurst & Snap peas
ES: apple slices & PB

I WILL stick to my plan today.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

catwoman7
on 4/9/20 7:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we just dropped the kitty back off at the vet's office. He is nearly impossible to pill, and last night he took a chunk out of my thumb when I tried to pill him (I did get the pill in, though!). Since he has to take four pills a day at least for the next couple of days (and then one pill a day after that - but that's going to be pretty long-term, I think), it's better to have them do it because he's more compliant over there - and they've dealt with difficult patients before. Also, his stools are really soft and he had it smeared all over his rear end and hind legs last night and this morning. After cleaning if off the best I could both times, I decided between that and the pills, I'll just drop him off the vet clinic today and tomorrow. Maybe they can shave his back legs and hind quarters so it'll be easier to clean him - and also, by Saturday, he'll hopefully be down to one pill - and hopefully that med comes in a transdermal gel or some other format that'll be easier to administer.

cat bites can lead to bad infections, so I contacted my PCP's office. I also took a broad spectrum antibiotic last night that I had from my trip to India (which I ended up never taking) because I figured it was better than nothing. The thumb looks fine this morning. My PCP's nurse wrote back and wanted a picture of my thumb, and told me to let them know if it starts looking infected because they'll put me on augmentin or send me to the hospital, depending on how bad it is (she said the antibiotic I took really isn't that effective for animal bites. Oh well...)

anyway, I'm glad he's over there today, because having a sick cat around is stressful, and I'm stressed enough as it is. It's worth the money to have someone else keep an eye on him and do his meds today. Hopefully I'll be in better shape tomorrow...

QOTD: I've just been using a bandana as a face mask, so not the best option but probably better than nothing...

TSS: 4y10m

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and strawberry compote, coffee with half & hallf

MS: protein shake (maybe have this this afternoon instead since i'm having a late breakfast)

L: salad with diced chicken breast and light dressing

AS: protein pumpkin pie or L&F yogurt with raspberries. I also have some cut-up raw vegetables if needed...

D: omelet (asparagus, cheese, onion, tomatoes)

ex: the usual - walking...

Sheila_H
on 4/9/20 8:19 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Shows my ignorance about house cats, didn't realize cats bite. I thought they only scratch. Hope your thumb is OK, and the kitty too.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views