What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 4/15/20 7:54 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Stop!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Partlypollyanna
on 4/15/20 8:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

As my niece said after watching Jurassic Park, " people are protein". She was 8 and rooting for the dinosaurs.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 4/15/20 4:46 am

hey all quick one for me. I did a free meditation yesterday at 5 then slow flow yoga at 6. it isn't lifting weights but I felt way better and I slept better!! I'm going to have to leave the house today- too long and need some essentials.

QOTD: tattooist of Auschwitz, boy in the striped pajamas, I'm sure there are more, mind is not fully awake.

weight has done its spike up so ihave to be a little extra vigilant to get it back down.

I made a chicken dish last night with ground chicken, mushrooms, chickpeas and Italian style tom, will have 3 more servings of that. going to focus more on veggies and meat.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 4/15/20 7:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I have tried to read the Tattooist of Auschwitz a few times, and I don't know why, but it just hasn't captured me. When I put it down I never seem to pick it back up again... But Boy in the Striped Pajamas was def one to stay with me. I read it with my 6th graders. It was a rough one.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 4/15/20 5:43 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post here as I've got laundry to fold here in a minute. It's foggy and cold here this morning but supposed to warm some this afternoon. Miss Lily and I got 2 nice long walks in yesterday and food was good except for the mini chocolate bar I snagged while cooking supper. Weight today is 120.6. QOTD To Kill a Mockingbird and Becoming. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz frittata with cheese and ham(leftovers). I will not take any extra bites today. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Queen JB
on 4/15/20 7:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

To Kill a Mockingbird (movie) was my first date with Grim :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 4/15/20 9:36 am - Brighton, IL

I've read it at least 6 times. And hubby took me to see it done as a play at a local playhouse. The young girl that played Scout was amazing!

Au_Contraire
on 4/15/20 6:11 am

Greetings, my RnY clan! Happy Wednesday!

I've finally unboxed the sewing machine I purchased two years ago, and struggled through making one mask. it's a pretty turquoise batik, with a soft flannel interior. Only 7 more masks to go! But those should be easier, now that I understand how both the pattern and the machine work, more or less. I haven't used a sewing machine since college, and it was a little intimidating at first.

Warning: rather depressing virus talk incoming

My ex-SIL has the damnable thing. She is a physical therapist, one of 11 medical staff members, and the 7th to get sick. She's also the oldest of the group. But she felt well enough to go out for a walk around a nearby lake on Easter, which was good to hear. Her co-workers have had mild cases. We are very hopeful that hers will be mild, as well. She is an adorable person, and my favorite nephew's mom (he is also my only nephew). This week should tell.

My very good friend Margaret also has it, more's the pity. I love her dearly. She's a fabulous artist and all-round wonderful person, someone who truly makes our world a better and more beautiful place. She has had outrageous health challenges over the past three years, all of which she has met with astonishing grace, good humor, and steadfast determination. This stealthy, alien thing is a horror. I truly hate it.

End of virus chat

I'm a news junkie, but even I have reduced my intake these days, for the sake of my peace of mind and spirit. I take my news now in smaller bites here and there throughout the day. Overall I still read a ton of news, but not nonstop, and the tv news is no longer a constant background drone. I feel better for it.

It's still often chilly enough for wintry clothing here, but the natural world is clearly celebrating spring! It's beautiful up here. Thankfully the past few days have been dry, blue-skied and sunny!

I hope that all of you escaped damage from the big storm system that swept through the country.

Weight today: 127.6

First: coffee, coffee, coffee - with cashew milk and SF, Carb-free Salted Caramel syrup. I simply love the stuff, but am trying to pace myself, consumption-wise.

B: tuna packet, hard boiled egg

L: ham, broccoli

D: turkey, green salad.

S: SF popsicle. Many mugs of tea.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, my friends!

karenp8
on 4/15/20 6:19 am - Brighton, IL

Happy to see you post today. Sending prayers for your loved ones.

Au_Contraire
on 4/16/20 10:27 am

Thank you so much, Karen.