What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/1/20 1:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Nothing like feeling like you are already "running late" at 4:30am! Sorry, I have to make this super quick because I have these July 1 deadlines looming over me. Yikes!

QOTD: Do you set off your own fireworks at home? I've never done more than a sparkler (they are illegal here in MA). We used to visit my cousins in upstate NY around July 4, and they would always have a few to set off but that's it. Not sure if it is the same where you live, but we are in a pretty big city outside of Boston and DAAAAAMMMMN the fireworks here are nuts! People have been buying them up in NH and setting them off in their backyards and streets 24/7. Boston is reporting an 8000% increase in fireworks calls to the police this year. I cannot even imagine what July 4th is going to look (sound) like!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

supershopper
on 7/1/20 4:18 am

QOTD: we have before but it was a long time ago, haven't done it since. we have been seeing many deer this week, we are up to 4 in 2 days and someone reported a bear night before last. and we are in TN!! very very unusual... the bear was just walking around a subdivision...

accountability: not perfect not horrible but over my macros for the day- with peanut butter, some watermelon and a bit of dark chocolate. moving forward.

food plan today:

b: 2 eggs, egg whites, and spiced pumpkin on the side

b2: unsure but something protein/vegg

l: spinach salad with chicken and almonds

d: chicken /veg

s: more meat or protein and vegg

s: shake?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

MadisonRose
on 7/1/20 4:27 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Yesterday was pretty busy work wise. One of my coworkers was out sick so that meant doubling up on assignments. At least staying super busy made the day go by faster! I've got my virtual doctors appointment this morning at 9 and then it's another busy day with work. I was in the baking mood last night so I baked 48 pecan chocolate chip cookies. I'm of course giving them all away to my parents and my brother and his girlfriend, but they smelled so good and what's the point of baking cookies if you don't have just one hot out of the oven? So I ate the smallest ugliest one. Well I wasn't happy that now there was an odd number of cookies so I had to eat one more small one to make it even. Ugh. These darn cravings! Anyway, the rest will be out of my house soon! So accountability was pretty darn good yesterday until I ate those two cookies last night.

My mom called me with some bad news last night. She said my aunt (her sister) found out she was exposed to the virus last Tuesday when she went to her hair appointment. Apparently her stylist tested positive. And we were all around my aunt this past Saturday when she came over to my parents to bring some more fresh blueberries. Myself, my mom, dad and brother. So it looks like we will all be self quarantining for 2 weeks.

Now I'm having issues with my cat trying to eat the kittens food and the kitten is eating the cats food. I feed them separately, but as soon as they finish they try to eat each other's....sigh.

QOTD: We used to when I was a kid. My brother would go to every little fireworks roadside stand within 20 miles and stock up on them. Then we'd all get together with our cousins and shoot them in the back yard. It was always like a competition with the neighbors to see who had the best fireworks show as everyone around would be shooting them. Haven't done that in years though.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz baked chicken breast and veggies

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/1/20 4:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope your Aunt is still feeling well. Most people get it around day 5 and she is at day 8 so hopefully she didn't get it.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 7/1/20 5:52 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Fingers crossed you are all OK. Can you get tested in your area?
Your description of the odd number cookies and the reason you ate it made me laugh, because I use the same exact excuses. The cookies sound delicious.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 7/1/20 8:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! I hope you and your family are ok.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 7/1/20 1:41 pm - Amarillo, TX

Oh no about your aunt! Hope she doesn't get it!

karenp8
on 7/1/20 4:37 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Storms moved off yesterday afternoon so Miss Lily and I were able to get a good walk last night and a good one this morning. I got my steps in and made good food choices yesterday and my weight is 120.6. QOTD we used to do a few when the boys were still at home but recently we've gone to the local fireworks display,which is canceled this year. Goal today is to get 100 ounces of fluids and to stay far away from the snacks. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 3/4 c chili with cheese. Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

Melody P.
on 7/1/20 4:49 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

I'm up this morning with an upset stomach. I was up already but not out of bed yet...now I am for the day. I have an appointment with my psychologist today and I feel I need it. It's in person this time. So it's mask and maybe glove time. I have em in my purse just in case. Since it's at the Texas Tech school they keep it pretty clean and sanitary. I go see my bariatric surgeon tomorrow.

yesterday was pretty crappy for the most part. I read a note my niece Rachel left me which made me laugh so freaking hard! As soon as I stopped I started ugly crying. Like it was just a release of the tension and really...heartache I've been feeling. There is a big chance of my surgery having to be delayed due to COVID-19 stuff. I'm just a wreck...

qotd:when my oldest uncle was alive he bought fireworks for all us kids. I remember making a Barbie fly and explode. I hate barbies lol. Now I don't even like watching big shows and my dog Frankie hates them so that adds some stress in there. He's a nervous nelly all the time so yeah...extra special for large booms.

B:protein pancakes with sf syrup

S:coconut yogurt

L:chicken soup with very little stuff in it

S:???

D:maybe fish or more soup

hope you all have a great day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/1/20 4:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Hopefully it clears up later today as I am supposed to go out to this great place called Epic Oyster for dinner with my SILs. They have supposedly set up a wonderful outdoor dining spot with a mural on the side of a tent and lots of flowers in all size pots brought in by a landscaper.

QOTD: I too have only held a sparkler but have been in NH with friends where everyone is setting them off. I get nervous about people hurting themselves. We have a multi-generational house on the street with a lot of hard drinking/partying 20-30 year olds. I am guessing there will be a lot of fireworks emanating from there on Saturday.

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana/egg pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: oysters and crab cakes

S:bean salad and/or lemon blueberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views