What's on your Thursday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 7/8/21 8:00 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The year my car came out (2019) was the first year of fully EV for Hyundai so they need a lot of tweaking. The newer models are problem free. Other than that when I see the $4.00 - $5.00 gas prices I just laugh because I haven't bought gas in two years.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 7/8/21 7:33 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ Cinnamon rolls are the best! Anything cinnamon in my book. I feel the same way about going to work as you do, JB - who knew! I really like it now. I realized I liked people more that I thought.

Today is another very busy but short day. I'm leaving early to get my hair done, what could be better? Self care in the chair with my girl in exchange for some vacation hours? Food is going really well, I'm staying on track. I'm too busy to snack and I like that! I'm taking a week off to move at the end of the month and I can't wait to be at our new home, nesting and NOT WFH - stuck on the computer.

QOTD - I can't think of a thing, but I would say gatherings at work. Our office was a ghost town for 1 1/2 years, and now we are all coming back. We had a little cake/retirement gathering last week and it was weird, but so nice! Pizza party coming up for some birthdays and while I used to awkwardly suffer through these things, I am really looking forward to it. I'm even looking forward to 2 in person meetings next week.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Queen JB
on 7/8/21 4:22 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

We are so twinning with the love of all things cinnamon, the surprise revelation that we like people, and getting back on track together! So glad you came back :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 7/8/21 8:24 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I stayed up late watching movies and slept in this morning. It's OK because I am on vacation this week.

My legs (and pretty much all of me) are covered in Mosquito bites. I don't think that I have had so many since I was like 12 years old. Also, the bites generally only itch me while the mosquito is actually on me, but for some reason, a few of these keep itching. Also like being 12.

On Monday night, I had the garage door open when I was lifting and they started coming in and biting me. Then we had a fire pit with the neighbors. The neighbors had a Citronella candle and we all marveled at how it kept the bugs away. Well, it may have just been that the wine kept the feeling of the bites away.

And then I got more bites when I was trying to fix the snowblower.

QOTD: I haven't really gone back yet. But I don't think that I miss anything. I went to the gym most days and saw people for all but a couple on months. And I'm not sure what I'm going back to now that we are switching to a permanent hoteling concept.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Bratwurst

Dinner:Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

cheapskate
on 7/8/21 8:29 am
RNY on 03/30/15

QOTD: how much people used to casually touch and don't. I don't shake hands, i don't put a hand on someone's shoulder to comfort them....a hug!?!? Forget about it. And i am NOT a toucher So my touchy feely friends must be dying

i am having food ennui. So probably not enough food will be had today. Happened yesterday. Eh. I'll deal

turkey and string cheese(don't love either of these things but the macros are good)

shake

dinner: definitely cottage cheese because i have like 5 containers I need to eat. The only place I can find "my cottage cheese" is sams and then it's sams club aiZe for one.

in 3 Weeks we will have our first grand baby and my goal is to have everyone be shocked I'm a Grammy!!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/21 11:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am a hugger but have always been aware that others aren't so always ask "do you hug" and hyper aware to do that now...on the other hand, I will never ever go back to shaking hands.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 7/8/21 4:29 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes! I saw a work friend today that I hadn't seen since lockdown and I immediate moved in for a hug then stopped myself! I am a hugger.

I am so excited for your grand baby! So excited for her and you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/8/21 12:18 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good afternoon! I am really running late after working on all kinds of scheduling for today, tomorrow and early next year. The immediate planning was around family arrivals and departures complicated by the arrival tomorrow of the remnants of tropical storm Elsa.

QOTD: I didn't spend a lot of time at home beyond the norm since I am retired so I have nothing to share here.

TSS: 5 years 3 months

B&L already eaten

B: Coffee!!! 1/2 English muffin with 1 egg

L: small lobster roll (lobster left over from last night)

D: out to dinner with family - not sure

S: string cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!