What's on your Thursday Menu?

Christina135
on 7/15/21 6:22 am

Mernin' errybody, and happy Friday Eve!

QOTD - I am all about SGN on TikTok so, I'm finding lots of good/happy/cute videos there!

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - I planned nothing, so maybe hubs wants to split a pizza again...? LOL

Snack - nectarine, popcorn

Dinner - pasta and veggies, air fried tofu

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Queen JB
on 7/15/21 4:28 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I just spent 30 minutes exploring #sgn. Perfection.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 7/15/21 6:26 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Up early for a 7:30 call (not Jen early, though). I may take a micro nap between this and my 9:00 call.

The tennis ladies are coming over tonight for orange creamsicle hard seltzer. Who ever heard of such a thing?

Judging from the posts this morning, I am way behind the curve in cat video watching.

QOTD: Most likely Chrissy or my sister's Dog.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Hot Dog

Dinner: Fish cakes

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 7/15/21 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Flattery will get you nowhere. But it did make my day thank you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 7/15/21 6:32 am, edited 7/14/21 11:33 pm - Warren, OH

I spent many years working from and also fighting for the rights of other employees to work from home. I was in the computer industry since 1966. Working from home was not an option then. The computer was the size of a large room. When communications enabled us to connect a monitor through the phone system to anywhere, I set up a home office using a company monitor and modem and paid for my own DSL service and home office phone service. Back then, it was legal to claim that on income taxes.

When there was a computer program emergency at 3:00 AM, I could sign in from home and fix the issue much more quickly then getting dressed and driving to the office. I had a pager on constantly and made myself available 24/7.

Within about a year, I had convinced management to allow many other programmers to bring home a company monitor and not have come to work in the middle of the night. There were some groups of people who strongly objected. That was the people whose sole function in the organization was to supervise others. The type who stood by the door making sure that people who did not have to clock in were there on time and not leaving early. They watched and observed what time people left for lunch and how many bathroom or cigarette breaks were taken every day. The micromanager types were very unhappy that people were working from home where they might not be "actually working".

In the early 1990's, it involved a power struggle to work from home and I sometimes was 100% on site, sometimes worked part of the day at home and part in an office, and sometimes was 100% remote. Whatever the logistics, I made sure that all tasks were done on time and usually ahead of schedule.

I can relate completely to what is happening with the Boston schools. In many years of working, I was never told to use sick time to work from home, but would have gladly done that if needed. It is part of the old power struggle. Because what happens to your pure supervisors if there is nobody around to supervise? This also threatens the people who plan out office arrangements and who clean and maintain the offices. What really is their function if everybody is working from home?

What will come out of this power struggle will be that some people will become fulltime work from home and most will be on site. When the micromanagers feel secure in having enough people to supervise, then they will relent on some of their mission to control everyone. In the meantime, I predict 2021-2022 will be a rough year for most people who could very efficiently work from home full time. I predict that you will end up at home about 90% of the time after 2022 is over. But fasten your seatbelt until then because if will sometimes be a rough ride.

My kitty, who was grown up when I rescued her in 2007, comes to my bed every morning and jumps on my chest to get me up. Then she follows me to the bathroom and grabs my hands and marks them. She leads me to where she likes to lie down and get brushed and then leads me to her food dish for her breakfast. After that it is back to bed for her until about 2:00, but I am wide awake by then and stay up, even if I did not go to bed until 3:00 AM.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 7/15/21 4:32 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yeah it's just frustrating that the exact same work that I was forced to do from home for the last 16 months, I am being penalized from doing from home, now.

You have a good kitty!

Lisa91941
on 7/15/21 6:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Ahhhhh, what a great night's sleep in my own bed can do for my attitude! So nice to be back to my regular routine. I was truly exhausted after work yesterday, but fought off the temptation to bring home tacos and cooked Trader Joe's healthy stuff from my freezer. Today should be much better as I get my feet under me again and feel more adjusted to the time change back to west coast time!

QoTD: At the airport on arrival Tuesday, there was a ginormous golden retriever at baggage claim that was SO happy to see his owner. He just could not control himself and was rolling and pawing and talking and basically trying to get on her lap for a hug. Hard to do since she was standing up, but it was so adorable!

Menu

B: 1/4 cottage cheese, left over meat sauce

L: same mystery left overs as yesterday. Very tasty though. Has sausage, white beans and kale...I think.

D: chicken thighs roasted with feta and TJ's carrot coins.

S: beef jerky

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 7/15/21 9:48 am - Warren, OH

Aw that is so sweet. Did you see the team of golden retrievers who were bought in to comfort the first responders at the Surfside collapse site? Golden Retrievers at Surfside

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 7/15/21 4:33 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Aww!

Welcome home :)

Sheila_H
on 7/15/21 6:43 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Murder podcast + food, or murder documentary and food! I've been married for 27 years so dating is not at the top of my list.

I had a feeling that after COVID a lot of companies will expect employees to work even if they are taking sick days, because they realized work can be done remotely. Not fair to the employees but that's corporate America for you.

QOTD: Luna being a sheltie is a hairy dog. But since the accident and because they shaved her body I think she's been cold. As soon as you sit down she comes right next to you and curls up next to your leg. I ordered her a couple of doggy T-shirts. DD says she looks like a sausage with shirts on but I think she is the cutest dog on the block. I'll post her pic with her most fashionable shirt tomorrow.

My meals yesterday (supposed to be ADF but exaggerated with the nuts)

• B: fast
  • L: premier protein + coffee
  • S: Quest chocolate brownie bar
  • S2: almost a cup of mixed nuts
  • D: hard boiled egg
  • E: 5.5 miles jog

Happy jr fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142