What's on your Monday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 3/13/23 12:07 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I do have some bloat and and a headache, but that will be gone tomorrow. I've got 100g of protein on my menu today. Way more than I'm used to eating. I will have to be less picky about my protein choices if I want to achieve that number regularly. I can only eat so much chicken.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 3/13/23 12:21 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I can eat my Korean fire chicken for all the meals. If you like spice, give it a try

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/13/23 2:08 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I do love spice and you have great taste. I will have to put that in my rotation soon

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/13/23 11:00 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Yep! The ratio yogurt is my friend even though I struggle with sweetened things. 25g of protein and 170 calories. Good start to most days!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/23 3:37 pm

Why are you "stopping HRT for 8 weeks - so sad about this."?

I'm on HRT, and I have been on them, bioidentical, since 2009.
I had a bunch of surgeries since then, including body lift, 3 hernia surgeries, GB removal, etc. I was nerve told I needed to stop HRT. I think I would really hate if I had to stop that. I'm slowly cutting down on hw much I take/use but I plan to be on them until at least 65 or longer...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amy Liz
on 3/13/23 6:21 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

The Nutrition class RN and the Doctors forms risk I had to sign said to stop 4 weeks prior and not to resume until 4 weeks after. I asked the doctor about it because I do not want to stop taking them! She said it was due to blot clot risks. I've only been on them for 6 weeks and I am feeling so much better and will be back to pre HRT which will suck.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/15/23 5:50 am

Ugh. Sorry. I really feel for you.

I'm on bioidentical HRT. Doc prescribed. Bioidentical estrogen patch, progesterone pill, and testosterone gell (compounded pharmacy). But, at the same time, my pituitary don't really work well, so even testosterone Rx is needed. My endocrinologist ont prescribe it for most women. But my numbers are consistently "0.00" so she does that. She even tried to convince my insurance to make exceptions and cover it for me for medical reasons. Nope. The insurance excluded testosterone for women as a covered medication.

Before I hit the menopause I thought I would age gracefully, without HRT. But after 6 months of pure hell I gave up. I went to a private center, paid cash and got the butt cheek implants. They stabilized me after a year and after that my gynecologist took over prescribing Rx bioidentical hormons. Now my endocrinologist does that. ( my wonderful gynecologist changed specialty to children and adolescents)

But - even on hormones, my blood is relatively thin and clotting is unlikely. Just the opposite. I need to make sure I supplement K or I start getting nose bleeds and hemorrhoids. K1 and K2. K2 is more for bone and muscle health, than clotting.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Partlypollyanna
on 3/13/23 6:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy monday! I hope your class/weather situation works out -- you shouldn't feel bad about adhering to your policy -- you can work with them to come to an equitable solution based on the cir****tance and their willingness to work with you but they agreed to the class knowing the policy. It's no different than any other agreement.

The Oscars turned out about as I expected yesterday, I would have really liked Colin Farrell to win Best Actor though. I came in second in our Oscar pool so that was fun, one of these years I will vote based on the expectations versus my emotions and do better in the pool! I watched the season finale of The Last of Us when I got home last night, it was good but too short and went really fast.

QOTD - last year was big for my bucket list, checking off my 7th continent and my 50th state.

I have my personal trainer this morning and want to get one of the rowing sessions in too. I took the morning off since I knew I'd be out late at the Oscar party....but then I was up at my normal non-time change time so not like I needed it, lol.

Some household stuff this afternoon and possibly meeting my boss for dinner; he and his son are up here skiing but I'm hoping they are too busy; I don't really want to go up to Boulder today.

menu

coffee plus half and half X2

cherry skyr with almond pieces

barebells bar or cheese and summer sausage

chicken bites if I don't have to go to boulder

Have a great day everyone!

Jen

Lisa91941
on 3/13/23 6:28 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. In Little Rock, Arkansas this morning. We are making good progress and enjoyed a weekend with a friend we met in 1984 and stayed at a gorgeous site at the state park in Okmulgee, OK. I love being near the water. Never like much being in water, but very near? Yes, please.

I have been tanking at exercise and I've been adding bad bites here AND there. Hoping to control that better. Today we are going to the Clinton Library. We get to walk across a big pretty bridge from the RV park and I'm excited about that. After the library I hope we get to walk through the arts district here. I should get lots of steps in today. Planning on lunch out in town and breakfast and dinner here at the rig.

QoTD: right now absolutely. Checking things off almost daily! Blessed me.

Menu is I think

B. Hb egg and cottage cheese

L. TBD. But again, a salad sounds amazing. Until I get in there and see the fried chicken or something equally bad.

D. Made a big pot of crack chicken yesterday using taco seasoning as a base. It's super yummy and it will show up a lot this week. Roger's portion will get served on a baked potato.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 3/13/23 6:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have seen salads with fried chicken strips, maybe they will have something that can be the best of both, lol.

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics