Recent Posts

farmgirl1958
on 7/18/14 5:43 am
with
Topic: RE: Looking for Saskatoon Support group / Saskatoon Sleeve Buddies!

I AM GOING FOR SURGERY IN 2 WEEKS ( DR, Louisiana VALENZUELA) I WOULD LIKE SOME SUPPORT AND ALSO SOME OPINIONS AS TO MY RESEARCHING DRS WAS GOOD. I am looking for any support that I can and also advise for pre and post op.  Not sharing with family so need others.

Vivian1971
on 2/17/14 12:37 am
Topic: RE: LAPBAND SURGERY HAS COME TO SASKATCHEWAN ! ! !
On December 1, 2009 at 9:35 PM Pacific Time, Joel Sopp wrote:

Hello Everyone!

Exciting News on the Canadian Prairies in Regina, Saskatchewan!

Omni Surgical Centre and the 2 Bariatric Surgeons (Dr. G. Kaban, MD, FRCSC, Fellowship trained in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery, Dr. S. Pooler, MD, BSc, FRCSC, Fellowship trained in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery) who are running the Provincially Funded Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Program (http://www.rqhealth.ca/programs/surgical_care/bariatric_surg ery.shtml) have partnered together to offer Saskatchewan another Weight Loss Surgery Option:
Self Pay Lapband Surgery at Omni Surgical Centre (www.omnilapband.ca).

Check out the website and information!

Joel Sopp

President
Saskatchewan Bariatric Support Group
[email protected]
www.sbssg.ca

just looking for a quote on the surgery. and hopefully I can afford it before this weight ruins my life and my marriage :(

thank you.

JadeKayla
on 1/26/14 2:06 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Bariatric Surgery Assessment Clinic in Regina

Hi, I was just wondering about some information for this Bariatric Surgery. My mom had it done a couple years ago the first time they started them in Regina. It was successful. Now I am looking into it as I have been over weight since I was 11.. I am 19 now. I have tried diets, exercising, pills, not eating, supplements, and just plainly eating right and nothing ever works. My mom has tried helping me lose weight as well. I lose maybe 5-10 pounds and I get motivated to do it more and I do and I will do it for months but the weight doesn't go, it comes back. Being 19 and overweight would I be eligible for this surgery? I know many things can go wrong. I have depression and I know a lot of it has to do with my body image. I use to be active, always outside, go hiking with my mom and brothers, I played sports, I was always happy, I felt good about myself. Now with this weight on I want to sleep all day, I don't like who I am, no energy or active. So please if someone can answer this honesty and truthfully with no judgment that would be amazing. Thank You. 

SKgirl27
on 4/18/13 12:58 pm
Topic: Looking for Saskatoon Support group / Saskatoon Sleeve Buddies!
Hello
My name is Nikki,
I know no one has posted in this forum for a while... I am looking for a support group for VSG in Saskatoon or other sleeve buddies in the Saskatoon & area who want to chat. Please let me know if you have info on a group for me or want to chat. email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Nikki
wen2talk2
on 4/7/13 4:26 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Regina sleevers

Hi my name is wendy and I am from regina.  I am having my sleeve done tommoro (april 8 2013)  and have very mixed feelings.  I would love to hear from anyone who has had the sleeve or is schedualed for it........

wen2talk2
on 4/7/13 4:23 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Does anyone from SK use this website?

hello I am from regina and I am having my surgery tommoro (April 8 2013) and nervous as hell.  Who is doing your surgery and where you having it done???

SKgirl27
on 2/8/13 7:52 am
Topic: RE: Leaks
On January 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM Pacific Time, cansaskcares wrote:
Be very careful with Dr. Kelly, i have recently talked to 2 of his patients and both of the almost died.  Do your research before you go.  There are many horror stories with Dr. Kelly and I actually talked person to person with the 2 people that almost died.  One was a pastor and the other was his daughter.  The pastor now has an artificial stomach that fortunately for him they were able to do in the United States. Be very careful.

This sounds fake to me. No offense but I have never heard of this before now and it's here-say. I would like to know who these people are.

Sumundo311
on 12/4/12 9:18 pm - Saskatoon, Canada
Topic: RE: Support Groups in Saskatoon???

I had surgery in Saskatoon 8 years ago and we use to have a group but we just all moved on. I found this site and realized how much I miss being part of a group so if someone has one going I to would be interested.

suegammy
on 11/16/12 2:27 am - Glendale, Canada
Topic: RE: I am an Reg.Nurse and had lapband surgery and can do your fill here in Saskatoon.

Hi Lorna, (or anyone else)

I am from Saskatoon and wanting to have the surgery done in the Phoenix area as I am a snow bird.  I am glad to find out that you can do the fills.

I am worried that I am 57 years old and my not qualify for the surgery due to my age.

Do you know anyone from Saskatoon who has had this surgery down here recently?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue. 

Gizzys
on 9/24/12 6:16 am, edited 9/24/12 6:17 am - Canada
Most Active