Recent Posts

Gypsyw0lf
on 3/22/12 7:11 am - Regina, Canada
Topic: RE: Nervous? Yes very!
 where are you having the surgery Zashinta?  

zashinta
on 3/7/12 6:54 am
Topic: Nervous? Yes very!
My surgery is in 2 months.  May 7th. I am really nervous.  Anyone have any tips for me in and out of the hospital?  What happends after surgery?  I was told what to do when I get home. but that was it! 

My doctor will be Dr. Nohr.
zashinta
on 3/7/12 6:52 am
Topic: RE: Leaks
Any tips for Dr. Nohr?
zashinta
on 3/7/12 6:50 am
Topic: RE: Does anyone from SK use this website?
I am from Humbildt SK. I am scedualed for May 7th. :)
PrairieLady
on 3/4/12 7:03 am
Topic: Questions
 I bet people ask this question all the time, but how long do most people wait between referral and the first appointment at the bariatric clinic in Regina? I have read that they only do the surgery on people with a BMI of 60 or lower. I am 5'2" tall and weigh over 400 lbs (I don't even know how much over because I can't find a scale that can weigh me), so this means my BMI is well over 70 and I find it hard to believe that I could possibly lose over 100 lbs to get under 60 on my own. Does this mean I am a hopeless case and just wasting time and space on the waiting list? I have absolutely no way to pay for doing the surgery anywhere else but the program in Regina is not giving me much hope. Any info that people can provide would be welcome.
LisaJay
on 2/29/12 12:22 pm
Topic: RE: Regina sleevers
 Hi Lorna. I just found your post . I was wondering if you would mind answering some questions of mine. My name is Lisa . I am on the waiting list for Regina and I was wondering if you had your surgery in Regina or Mexico?  Thank you  in advance. Lisa
taffycanuck
on 2/27/12 6:54 am - Saskatoon, Canada
VSG on 04/10/12
Topic: RE: Leaks
I am currently consdiering Dr. Aceves through an organization here in Saskatoon, and am doing research in order to make an informed decision.  Did you have your surgery with Dr. Kelly?  Where is he/she located and what did it cost, if you don't mind me asking.
thinwannabee
on 2/20/12 4:09 am - Regina, Canada
Topic: Saskatoon, Regina and PA coffee groups
I've noticed on the SBSG boards that coffee groups once again are forming in Saskatoon and Prince Albert as well as the one in Regina.

Great to see!

If you are not on it, see https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/33295884776/  and join in !

Tess Boehm
Regina

cansaskcares
on 1/29/12 10:50 am
Topic: RE: Support Groups in Saskatoon???
I have a support group meeting running in Saskatoon and would be more than happy to talk with you.  Contact me by email at [email protected]
cansaskcares
on 1/29/12 10:49 am
Topic: RE: Support Groups in Saskatoon???
I have a support group meeting running in Saskatoon if you are interested and wondering about weight loss surgery.  Email me at [email protected]
Most Active