The surgery is finally happening

janetatum
on 8/25/11 5:58 am
It has taken me nearly ten years to get the surgery approved and scheduled but finally it is happening for me.   My surgery will be August 31 at Centennial Womens Hospital.   I will have a roux en y and Dr Dyer is going to be my surgeon.   Since my best friend died October 2009 I have been even more determined to have this operation, because Linda died of complications of diabetes and I just refused to leave this earth for the same reason.  I hope to be successful in this weight loss, because the pain from failed back surgery syndrome has about spiraled out of control, and it just has to stop.    I have been a member of this forum for a long time, and have read many posts through that period that have helped me to make an informed choice as to having this surgery.   I wish all of you the best in your journey...and ask for your prayers for me as mine has taken a decisive step...at long last.

God Bless everyone reading these words.

Jane

TNgal_Knoxville
on 8/26/11 6:48 am - Knoxville, TN
Wahoooooo I am soo very excited, and Happy for you Jane. Be sure to take you pillow..Keep us posted on how you are doing OK?
Bless you toooo!

May the wind always be at your back and the shinning sun be on your face.
Connie

janetatum
on 8/27/11 1:20 pm
Thank you Connie for answering this post.   I have been wondering ....since I first joined in 2006 it seems that interest in this board has almost died.   Maybe there isnt a lot of surgery going on anymore.    Thanks for your response to me.   I wish this were a week a week from now...it would all bebehind me.    For sure   I have to remember that pillow.   Great idea.  Jane
jhn
on 8/28/11 6:34 am - Soddy-Daisy, TN
Good luck! Had the RNY 8/15/11 in Chattanooga.
janetatum
on 8/28/11 1:15 pm
Thank you for sharing this with me.  Please tell me how you are doing.  I hope everything is going well for you.

Pam Davis
on 9/1/11 12:38 am - Franklin, TN
I think the inactivity on this site is likely due to so many people moving to Facebook. Participation on our messageboard is down and many programs have elected to completely drop their yahoo groups and webpage message boards and focus their communications via Facebook because of the ease of use and accessibility
Pam Davis, Certified Bariatric Nurse, Bariatric Program Director
Centennial Center for the Treatment of Obesity
Join our Message Board -
Click here!
Follow us on Facebook -
Click here!
We're on Twitter -
Click here!

Most Active
Recent Topics