MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:44 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medcaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

Lisenby
on 12/6/07 2:58 am - Toquerville, UT
I am looking for a surgeon in St. George Utah, that is a member of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield IL network. I am100 overweight and will be 65 in April. So I do not have much time to waste. Thank you for your help.
Peggy G.
on 2/4/08 8:50 am - Cedar City, UT
Lisenby - have you spoken with Southwest Surgical Associates? I had my surgery w/ Dr. Speakman, but I don't know much about their insurance acceptance. Call on me if you need some help! I'm in Cedar.

384 / 233 / 288 current/ 146 for life

Proud OH Support Group Leader! Visit the Southern Utah Group

girlzmom
on 10/29/08 6:32 am - Eagle Mountain, UT
Dr. Cottam and Richards both accept Medicare, you have to be a Center of Excellence to accept it.   There are only 2 in Utah.   Rocky Mountain is not taking Medicare at this time,  but Surgical Weight Loss Center of Utah is accepting Medicare and some Medicaid--molina and healthy u.
proud_mama2
on 12/26/08 2:43 am - st george, UT

I am pretty sure that Dr. Speakman at Southwest Surgical does accept medicaid and medicare.  I do insurance verification for the hospital and I know that we have had medicaid patients go in for WLS.

1490 E Foremaster Dr, Suite 200
St. George, UT
435-628-1641

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/09 6:51 pm - south ogden, UT
 Hello, my name is Rachel. I was curious if anyone has ever seen someone with Medicaid get approved for Lap Band? I am nervous that I will not be able to get the help that I need so desperately.

I am a single mom, so I know it will be next to impossible to get any kind of help. If anyone has any useful information, boy it sure would help. 

Thank you,

Rachel
SandiBG
on 7/27/09 4:02 am - Roy, UT

Hi Rachel  :)

I don't know about the surgery.  But when I was in Dr Cottam's office the other day there was a sign posted that read "Medicaid no longer pays for band adjustments"

You might want to call a surgeons office and ask them.

Good luck

Sandi

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/09 5:17 am - south ogden, UT
 Thank you so much :)
golddreamer99
on 9/19/12 12:56 pm - UT
Hi Rachel,
My daughter had the lap Band done by Dr. Christina Richards at Salt Lake Regnial Medical Center.
And it was covered by olina. There are some fees you have to pay for that are not covered. The first initial fee is for setting up the surgery I think is was around $300 to $400.00.
Hopw things go well for you
Golddreamer99
Lisa B.
on 10/26/10 2:09 am - Ogden, UT
I am on Medicaid and Medicare I'm here in Utah I go to the Surgical Weight Loss center of Utah Dr. Christina Richard is who I chose then theres also Dr. Daniel Cottam the address is 24 Sounth 1100 East suite 304 SLC Utah 84102 phone: 801-746-2886
Most Active