Help - no weight loss in 3 months

lindaz
on 11/2/08 11:01 am
I NEED HELP!  Will someone please respond with advice and please be kind.  I had lap band surgery in April.  Prior to having it, I explained to the surgeon and his staff that I have never been successful with any weight loss long term.  I asked why this would be different and it was explained to me that the band is a tool that restricts the amount that you can eat - therefore weight loss is the result.  I lost 28 pounds  by the first of July -- since then I've gained back 4 lbs and haven't lost a thing.  I exercised spuradically and do not keep a food diary.  Logically, I know that I should be diligent with the exercise and journaling.  I am so depressed about my lack of success that I have been drinking lots of margaritas.  Plus, I have been having anxiety attacks, which I have medication to control.  I can't get out of this funk....I can't get myself turned around.   Please, please, will someone help me??   Thank you.  
ps - the closest support group has not met since May and is led by people who had gastric bypass
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/10 11:10 pm
 ONLY you can help yourself in this situation, 

YOU GOT TO HAVE A FOOD DIARY... please hon, do it, you will see,
YOU GOT TO MOVE EVERY DAY _ go for some long hard walks,
and finally youmay need a fill since your banded.... get to it!!!
jeffries138
on 4/29/10 6:25 am - Moab, UT
Hi there, my advice to you is to stop looking back at what you should have done! Today is a new day, make a new commitment to yourself and start over. You know what you need to do now so get out there and just DO IT! Don't be so negative, YOU CAN DO IT! Keep telling yourself that, you are in control of yourself no one else. I have battled with obesity all of my life and I DID IT!! Remeber this, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels".  JUST DO IT!! Go to your local support group, whether gastric bypass or lap band, it doesn't matter, we all have the same problem and can be an inspiration for each other.
Most Active