I am Desperate....no co-morbids

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/08 11:25 am - UT
Hi,
I have state insurance (Medicaid) and I am almost done with my 1-year supervised diet.  I have a detailed description of what the insurance criterion is for WLS and it says that I MUST have serious co-morbid conditions in order to qualify.
And I don't have any right now.
Please help.... doesn’t anyone have any ideas??
I've already been tested for Sleep apnea and I've already done all of my lab work and I don't have high cholesterol or anything seriously wrong with me. 

I DO have:
a BMI of 48,
depression,
GERD,
weight related foot pain,
some back pain

That's about it. I've heard that my insurance doesn't like to pay for this surgery, so they do whatever they can to avoid it.

I am desperate to have this surgery. I want my life back. I want to be normal again. What else can I do?
Please help me.
theriding5
on 11/20/08 11:36 am - provo, UT
Hey, I had medicaid, healthy-u and my doctor had Gerd, and sleep apnea as my co-morbid conditions, so shouldn't you back or foot pain be classified as something towards co-morbid? I know my doctor pushed and helped so much! Good luck to you I also had to do the 1 year program it was tuff, but all worth it!! Take care, Jenn
HW~SW~CW~GW~
417~378~210~170~

This has been a journey and I'm am so thankful to have my family by my side through it all ;-)
Most Active