HOW DO YOU GET IT IN!!!

DivaDimples
on 3/23/11 12:29 pm - LA
Hey my OH friends, I have been doing fine since surgery, still not 100% but im 8 days out and wanted to ask a question. How do you guys get in all you liquids and proteins for the day. Im really trying but not doing a good job. Im currently on clear liquids still and on Friday I can go to full liquids. Even with sipping all day im not getting . Any pointers??  Thanks

glendary
on 3/23/11 12:36 pm
Many of us did not get them all in either at that point.  Just keep trying.  It will get better.
Glendary        
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 12:37 pm - CA
I was super scared about what this thread was about for a second.
Heidi V.
on 3/23/11 1:06 pm - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
On March 23, 2011 at 7:37 PM Pacific Time, Waffleking wrote:
I was super scared about what this thread was about for a second.
Hahaha!! So was I!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 12:52 pm
For the first few weeks just concentrate on getting liquid.  Don't worry about the protein.  Once you can get in enough liquid, then work on protein. 
chasity korte
on 3/23/11 12:56 pm - willis, MI
I was wondering the same thing about getting the protein in. My surgery is on the 29th. I have so many questions. So it's really nice to ge on here and see them get answered..
peachynptc
on 3/23/11 1:54 pm - Fayetteville, GA
Anyone try Gatorade to stay hydrated and to keep your electrolytes up?

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

glendary
on 3/26/11 12:05 pm
No sugar drinks... it all should be sugar free.  Does Gatorade have a sugar free version?  I know there is powerade zero.  That works.  I prefer Propel Zero. 
Ratfinkshell
on 3/23/11 2:55 pm - Fullerton, CA
I am also 8 days out and have the same problem, although today was much better than previous days. I did 20oz crystal light, 12oz protein drink, 6oz decaf coffee, and about 4oz chkn soup.

I know I should have ditched the coffee but I can't live with out it, and caffeine free counts as liquid right?! My Dr, said basically the first week you're just trying to stay hydrated, not concentrating on protein or even vitamins.

My post -op is tomorrow and I get to move onto pureed/blended food (who would have thought that would ever be considered a treat?!)  and finally these terrible staples come out!!!

Good Luck!

HW:263 SW:236 CW: 163 GW:140-150

Revision to sleeve on 03/15/2011 due to broken band

NursieGirl
on 3/23/11 2:56 pm
Oh Honey, with the title of this thread, I was about ready to direct you to the Sex board.

For the first stage all I worried about was fluids.  I drank whatever I wanted and could tolerate and did not track protein, calories, carbs or anything else.  When I was able to move on to mushies I started paying attention to protein.  For now, just focus on the fluids.  Many people struggled early out, but it will get better soon!  I promise!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views