WHY CAN'T I ?????

DivaDimples
on 3/30/11 10:19 am - LA

Well I'm two weeks out and my dietitian say no grits!!!  I don't eat oatmeal or cream of wheat. I would love to have something warm in my tummy. I see several individuals that say they can eat grits at this stage and some say no. My dietitian say they expand in your tummy . What do you guys think???

mylastchance
on 3/30/11 10:26 am
I'd stick to what the dietitian says,  just follow the plan.  There are other things that are warm to have.  Eggs,  soup, tea,  mashed potatoes I think were on my list at that point,  not absolutely sure but maybe. 

Hang in there,  these times seem tough but before you know it you will look back and it will seem like it just flew right on by. 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

smilinmomof3
on 3/30/11 10:42 am - MI
Do not eat grits yet!! Dr. Alvarez's book - Successful Weightloss with the Gastric Sleeve says do not EAT anything for 3 weeks following surgery. Only liquids!! This is to prevent leaks and give your tummy enough time to heal. It's very, very important. If you get a leak it's another surgery and a long hospital stay. You don't want that! 
                                      WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Valsdetermined2lose
on 3/30/11 10:44 am
Every doctor is so different, i had soupy grits with cheese at 2 weeks out and it went down just fine, only 2 oz but it was good. I know you want to stick to your doctors plan but all WLS are about trial and error, what works for one person might not work for you. Good luck and Congrats on your surgery!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Lisa D.
on 3/30/11 12:07 pm - New Orleans, LA
When I saw "no grits" on Vesta's list I was distressed too!  Our surgeons' group says no corn products whi*****ludes a Louisiana favorite--grits.  Too hard to digest .  Maybe when we get to maintenance we can  have grits.  Have you tried cream of wheat lately?  It really saved me.  And Quaker makes a weight control banana bread oatmeal that is great!  If it is the texture of oatmeal you don't like blend it smoother.  Stick to the program.  You are too new to not follow the rules.  It will get better.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views