Having trouble with constantly drinking

Keydi B.
on 3/31/11 11:43 am - Elmwood Park, NJ

I am not a person who likes water.   I have trouble to drinking all the time.  I will drink after I eat.   However, I keep getting dehydrated.    I have tried the vitamin waters - nasty.   I love ff milk. I have been drinking that.   I have tried several diet snapples and don't like the sweetner taste. I will try crystal light lemonade but have tried the iced tea.   The first few sips are okay but then gagging.        

Have a Nice Day/Night! 
Keydi

melanie L.
on 3/31/11 11:51 am
I can only drink diet peach snapple, dont like the other flavors. Have u tried power aid zero, of sugar free hawian punch. Those are good. Or even propel isnt too bad. I drink alot of targets brand (market pantry) zero calories though I only like the cherry and the grape.. And whats funny is I drink more at work then I do when Im home...

cattywompos
on 3/31/11 11:52 am
I can't stand that artificial sweetner taste either and I have a hard time drinking when I am not thirsty, especially if it is plain water.  I did find these Hawiian punch water bottle packets that are sugar-free and don't have aspartame and I LOVE them. They have a few different flavors.  Grape and Lemon Berry are my fav.  Something else that seems to help is drinking from a straw.  I know some docs shrug on that early out because they believe that you get more air, but I personally have had no issues with it.  In fact my NUT told me that she recommended it if I was having trouble getting in my water.  Whatever helps.  FF milk is good, has a little protein, but you will really have to watch it with the calories and carbs the farther post op you get.  Keep trying things and see what works for you.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 12:01 pm
TRy MIO Water Enhancer- by the Crystal Light in the grocery store- BUT TASTE NOTHING LIKE IT! IT has no calories sugar ect. They have a few flavors Fruit Punch, Peach Tea, Sweet Tea, Berry Pomagranite and one other one. It's realy good and NO AFTERTASTE!
wantabeskinny2011
on 3/31/11 1:45 pm
I started using a straw about three day after my surgery. That has had a world on difference in my fluid intake. Hope this helps.
LittleMissSunshine
on 3/31/11 3:03 pm
I'm a big fan of Propel Zero (Grape).  I don't know if that will be the case post-op, but it's worth a shot!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

carabarnes
on 3/31/11 10:15 pm
I drink sweet southern tea with splenda of course!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

momokc
on 3/31/11 11:20 pm
 I am drinking warm water or decaffeinated tea as I can't drink cold water.  The other waters that have been mentioned are the ones that my friend who had surgery drinks.  I guess you just have to keep trying til you find one you like.  I love ff milk like you, I drink at least 16 to 24 oz a day as everythin I read says milk helps with the weight loss!  Go FF MILK!
Most Active