What is your funniest post-op moment?????

Rekeca
on 4/3/11 1:20 am - NC
I read this post on the lap band forum and it was so funny reading about how people were literally losing their pants running down the street, so I thught it would be fun to pose this question to the sleevers. I don't have any funny stories yet because I haven't been sleeved yet, but when I do I will be happy to share.

KabinKitty
on 4/3/11 1:48 am - Findlay, OH
My funniest post-op moment occurred in the recovery room. I woke up and told the anesthesiologist I had pain in my left shoulder, which he told me ahead of time happens sometimes. He took care of that and I was off to sleep again. I woke up and asked the nurse anesthetist if she would hold my hand. She said you want me to hold your hand? She did and I was off to sleep again. I woke the third time and she was still standing by my bed and I asked her if I could have a hug. She said, you want a hug? I said yes, she acted surprised and kind of giggled and said okay and she hugged me. The next thing I knew I was in my room. I remembered this all so clearly and felt kind of embarrassed later.
I told the anesthesiologist that morphine makes me nauseated so they had given me dilauded. I forgot how stupid I can act on dilauded!  LOL
Jeannie

Surgery: February 2, 2011
Surgeon: Dr. Peter Lalor

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
SassyItalian
on 4/3/11 1:53 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
My funniest post op moment was right after surgery also. The nurses told me I had great post-surgery hair and I told them "yea, I'm one sexy *****" in a drugged stupor..then one of the nurses walked past my boyfriend and said "i'm sorry, i bumped up against you" to him. I blurted out something along the line of "hands off my man, i know hes hot but hands off".

Apparently I entertained the staff and my visitors that morning.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 1:59 am, edited 4/3/11 2:02 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
My funniest post op moment was after I had already gotten to goal.  I had gone to the gym that day for Zumba, my handsomeface husfriend had gone to the gym too, but I did not see him that day.

Anyway, he gets home, and says, "I was on the bike, and this chick walks by the window, and she was built like a brick ****house and I thought dayum, she has been working HARD."  Then as she walked almost out of sight I got a glimpse of her legs.

And she had tatttos, just like you.  Matter fact.  She was you. 

Even almost 2 years after surgery, if I see him somewhere out and about and he does not expect *me* to be there, he does not recognize me until I smile or say something.  Its surreal to get *used* to reintroducing yourself to folks you have known for years.
BuckeyeGirl
on 4/3/11 2:05 am - TN

What an awesome story! It is going to be a trip to have to reintroduce myself someday.

breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 4/3/11 3:57 am - Ann Arbor, MI
Awwww... what a cute story!

Lisa F.
on 4/3/11 4:53 am
My mom had a bed of her own in my hospital room (Mexico surgery) and she whacked her knee/leg on the wood corner every single time she walked by it. After two days of this we were talking and giggling about it then right after that she needed to get up for something and whacked it again BIG time with a big moan and I started the belly laugh (hurt like hell with my incisions) but I couldn't stop laughing til tears came. She was laughing too! My poor mom and her black and blue leg!
diane S.
on 4/3/11 5:15 am
woke up in recovery and some man in a hairnet was standing there looking at my machines. I didn' have my glasses. I said "who are you?"  He said "I am Dr. Cirangle" . my surgeon. felt like an idiot.

other than that, people often don't recognize me and i have to tell them who i am. i love this! diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Rekeca
on 4/3/11 1:48 pm - NC
Thanks for sharing everone. I can't wait to have to reintroduce myself.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views