1st Day of Liquid Diet

Susan M.
on 4/4/11 9:42 am
So it's 12 days until my surgery, and I started protein shakes today.  Although it isn't delightful, it has been manageable TODAY.  My daughter said this was the hardest part for her when she had lap-band surgery two years ago. 

As I drove home from work today, though, I wondered what I would eat for dinner. Oh, yeah, no need to worry about that. Then I wondered what I would do with all the time I used to spend fixing meals, eating, and cleaning up. I've never thought about how much time we spend in food-related activities until now when I all have to do is shake very well and open a single can and pour it into a glass. (The glass helps me feel like I'm partaking of something more than canned protein!) 

Anyway, eleven more days, plus time after surgery . . . In the long run, this is worth it. 
sleeve genie
on 4/4/11 11:18 am - Alhambra, CA
I was on a two week liquid diet,  the first 3 days were the hardest for me,  then i started drinking something more often and after that it got much better.  I lost 18lbs !!  And you are so right,  whatever we have to do to get to the surgery and our new lives is all so worth it.  Congratulations on your surgery you will be so glad you did this  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Beth M.
on 4/4/11 12:25 pm - KS
Today was my first day too.  I had a melt down earlier this evening - but I think I needed more protein - once I drank 40g of protein the world seemed much better  :)
lindym
on 4/5/11 2:28 am - Canada
VSG on 04/12/11 with

Love the melt down comment, that was me on day one. I am now on day 8 and trust me it gets much easier for every day that goes by.