Help!- Am I the only person that this is not gonna work for????

diane S.
on 4/6/11 4:29 pm
Please try to relax. the first two weeks are the hardest. You should have a detailed eating plan that is liquids at this stage from your surgeon. if you don't have one, here is one:

http://www.sleeveguide.com/uploads/1/7/9/4/1794785/dietguidevged42006feb.pdf

Protein shakes can be gross but they are necessary for awhile. Sublimate puts up a periodic post on information for new sleevers that has a section on how to make protein drinks more palatable. Drinking lots of fluid is a good thing provided its not sugared drinks. Protein drinks taste better if they are semi frozen.  And remember that you are pretty well emptied out and that might seem strange and you may feel hungry. But in a couple of weeks when you get to mushy food, that will change and suddenly a few bites will make you feel stuffed. Hang in there and get those protein drinks down any way you can. try different ones - get single serving packets at health food stores for variety and to find ones you tolerate. GL
Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

gabriella12
on 4/7/11 12:39 am
Thanks again everyone, all this info really helps.  I am so glad I have OH people that understand me.  My husband doesn't get it!  But OH has been like my bible even before surgery so thanks again!!!!
Lananala
on 4/7/11 4:14 am - CA
Awesome guide.  Thanks for posting
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

cyd000
on 4/6/11 6:07 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'm on pre-op liquids/protein. I use Unjury unflavored and chicken flavor as a broth.  I put the unflavored in Crystal Light, or G2.  You really cant taste it at all and then I get my fluids in as well

HW: 267, 5'3", 37 years old
Pre-op - 13lbs lost
Month 1 - 17lbs lost
Month 2 - 11lbs lost
Month 3 - 3lbs lost
Month 4 - 8lbs lost
Month 5 - 4lbs lost
Month 6 - 5lbs lost
Month 7 - 4lbs lost
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain