losing so slow

clthomp
on 4/7/11 10:53 pm - TN
i am so upset  i am losing so slow  like last week 1/2 lb   jan 18 sugery date  down 47 lbs  15 pre op

i dont understand  i eat nothing . my mom says not enough  trying to keep carbs between 40-50 per

nut advice. every morning i wake with swollen fingers by the afternoon they are bone dry with skin hanging  getting in about  55 oz of water a day  

anyone else having this issue

thanks cherrie
anninva
on 4/7/11 11:16 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
don't think i'm weird but the whole swollen fingers things sounds a little hinky to me.  do you think you should call doc's office????  maybe you're not eating enough?  good luck!  (((((hugs))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

foodlover
on 4/7/11 11:41 pm
Please call your dr.  Sounds like a medical issue at play.  Also, maybe try upping your water?  My dr and nut say between 60and 80 oz of water per day.  Good luck!
MediumSoon
on 4/8/11 1:22 am - TX
How many calories are you eating? And how much protein?

clthomp
on 4/8/11 3:55 pm - TN
avg protein  50-60     really wasnt told to count calories buti am sure not over 900

thanks cherrie
MediumSoon
on 4/8/11 10:32 pm - TX
Hmm. Protein is lower than what I was told to have - could be fluid intake?? My minimum is 64oz... More when I exercise. When I have hit a place I am not comfortable (for whatever reason) I call my NUT JUST to make sure I'm doing it right...

walmartian
on 4/9/11 12:14 am

Do check the swelling with your DR, but a little less than 2 pounds a week adds up to 100 in less than ayear. You don't say how much you wighed at the time of your surgery, and the amount you need to lose makes a HUGE difference. I started out 0ver 300 so of course my weight is coming off fast. As someone who has lost a lot in the past with diet and exercise (only to have it come back) I can tell you that the smaller you get, the slower you will lose. It's simple math. Right now it's theoretically  taking me about 2800 calories just to live, when I get to 200 pounds that will go  down to 2000. At 150 that would reduce to 1500. You don't say how old you are either.  If I were younger those numbers would be a bit higher, by 4-6 calories per pound of body weight.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views