Driving

lisa53406
on 4/14/11 12:58 pm - Racine, WI
How long until you drove again?
sleeve genie
on 4/14/11 1:14 pm - Alhambra, CA
about a week,  i was told as long as you are done taking the pain meds its ok to drive :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Jeep1974
on 4/14/11 2:56 pm - MI
What she said.

George B.
on 4/15/11 1:53 am - Miami, FL
I was driving 2 days after surgery.

I was told driving was allowed once I was off all pain medication.

Danielle K.
on 4/15/11 2:52 am - Evart, MI
 I didn't drive until almost 3 weeks, I just didn't feel like it and my hubby is a stay at home dad, so there was really no reason for me to have to drive.
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

tjosato
on 4/15/11 3:38 am - Ofallon, IL
I drove 4 days after surgery once I was off of the pain meds. The only issue was getting out of the car HURT. Getting in and driving around no problem. Getting out I had to hold my left side my gut to keep it from being painful.

lisa53406
on 4/15/11 6:06 am - Racine, WI
Thanks everyone for your feeback. I am starting to get a little anxious and want to mentally have everything in order (as well as all "things")
PennyLane23
on 5/14/11 6:20 am
Hi folks! Im on day 2 post op and am already off meds. Maybe it's just me but I feel freaking great!! I'm re overing at my moms house (despite that I'm 36 years old) and she's not ok with md driving yet but I expect to drive myself home tomorrow. Every one is different for sure - I didn't think I'd be off meds so soon but truth is, I just don't have any pain so why take 'em? Good luck!

lisa53406
on 5/14/11 10:09 am - Racine, WI
Thanks Penny. Congrats on feeling so great.

I was done with pain meds 4 days after surgery and I was ready to drive. I was shocked at how quickly I felt up to it!

I still get tired. Today I walked around a school/summer activity "faire" for the kids for about an hour and a half and came home and slept for over 3 hours. lol

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Most Active