3 to 4 bites then your done?

shellychelle
on 4/16/11 1:34 pm
So just trying to get a concensus on what most of you do...Do you stop eating after your 3 or 4 bites when you get full or do you let the food digest then go back at it wether your hungry or not. I'm only asking because if a 2oz piece of fish is 21grms of protein and I'm only able to get in 3 bites I really don't see how that is helping me..hence the protein drinks. 
Start Weight 280lbs....Surgery Weight 270.lbs....Current Weight 185lbs

NEW YEAR...NEW ME!!!!
faylavi
on 4/16/11 1:37 pm - Laurel, MD
I stop when I am full.  I still drink a shake or two daily.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

shellychelle
on 4/16/11 1:54 pm
Thanks!
cabcab
on 4/16/11 1:46 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I can't believe that you're only 8 days post-op and already eating "bites" of food!  I was on liquids for a little over 3 weeks after surgery.

I would imagine that your new tummy is still really swollen at this point.  So you might need to do several very tiny meals instead of 3 meals per day.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

shellychelle
on 4/16/11 1:53 pm
As you know all the doctors are very different my doctor released me to mushies and fish/tuna/salmon already it goes down fine I have no issues just trying my hardest to get all my daily protein.
Jennchap
on 4/16/11 1:59 pm - CA
 I agree with Fay.  I take stop when I am full and at almost 3 months out that means 3 -5 bites and use the shakes. 
:)
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

shellychelle
on 4/16/11 2:01 pm
Will do.  Thanks!
USAF Wife
on 4/16/11 2:13 pm
Ate on a schedule, measured my portion, timed my meal no more than 20 minutes, and I never ate until I felt full. When I was further out (around 2.5-3 months out), I had a couple of episodes of that "one last bite", but didn't do it again.

Could you puree, or make it mushier consistency or add say some greek yogurt to the mix, that would increase protein counts, to start so you might be able to get in a little more per meal? I never used shakes, and was able to get all my protein from food sources by eating 4 meals per day with each meal consisting of 15gr of protein. Grant it, my diet progression was way slower than yours, and my swelling had subsided tremendously since I was allowed to let my stomach heal and relax before putting food in there so I can understand why you're only getting in a few bites at only 8 days post-op.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

May D.
on 4/16/11 3:05 pm
It all depends on what I'm eating, some foods I can eat a lot of bites and some only a few, usually that's with dense foods.  

I get this uncomfortable feeling at the top of my stomach that is telling me if I don't stop soon, like within the next bite, I am going to be sorry.  I obey and stop.
readytostartover
on 4/16/11 3:25 pm - Detroit, MI
I had my surgery on April 07, 2011. I must admit that last night I had a teaspoon of peanut butter and today I had some turkey a small amount.  I hadn't been able to eat or drink much prior to the last couple days.  I had a 4 day stay in the hospital. Since eating the turkey I must admit I feel a lot of discomfort it could also be that I'm having a visit from Ms Flo, also.  Anyway, I will take it easy and I hope you do also.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views