Hungry and board

evilelf
on 4/19/11 10:54 am
OK had surgery on Friday the 15th, I took off 4 weeks from work as recommended by the dr. I am also starving if I just could have a bite of something I would be the happiest girl in the world!!! I have been blessed by feeling really good not very sore so now I am board to. I can't sit at home for 4 weeks like this, I'm only on day 4. I know that I sound like a ungrateful,whinny ***** but I don't know what to do. I have also came to the sad conclusion that when I was board I ate, and now I can't. Help.. I need ideas..PLEASE!!!
Thanks
Whinny cry baby
glmglb
on 4/19/11 11:02 am
VSG on 04/21/11 with
I haven't been sleeved yet but that must suck. No advice yet but definately sympathy. I was a boredom eater too.
Nicki88
on 4/19/11 11:12 am
Thats why I decided to go back to work ASAP.  I cant sit home w/o wanting to eat.  At least at work I will have stuff to keep my mind off of it, except I will probably be delirious due to the lack of food!  lol

Is there anything you can do to keep yourself busy?  I plan to scrapbook some on the week I did take off.  That will keep my mind off of food.
Surgery Date: 4/27/11 Dr. Aceves
Herbie55
on 4/19/11 11:27 am - MI
You could always shop around your local second hand clothing store for a few "smaller size" outfits. Some new things for mini goals...
evilelf
on 4/19/11 11:32 am
Good idea Herbie, I love to shop.
Jasonm11
on 4/19/11 11:38 am
A word of caution, it is easy to transfer addiction. What was an addiction to eating while bored can quickly turn into something just as dangerous now that you are no longer able to eat while bored. Be careful of this and you may want to find something more healthy and productive to become addicted to. For example, I found myself buying lottery tickets just days after surgery. I have rarely ever gambled and think it is somewhat pointless, but here I was spending almost $100 a week on lottery tickets...and then I was told about transfer addictions and realized I was beginning to substitute lottery for eating. I then made an effort to find something healthy. I am not happy that I am addicted to walking and working in the yard/garden. My wife and I spend a good deal of time tending to the flower bed and that has been a great substitute. So just be careful that your love of shopping doesn't turn into an all out addiction, because believe it or not, it quickly can turn excessive now that you have 'something missing' in your life.

Oh, and the furthur out you get the more content with walking and working outside you become! I am down about 50 pounds and I have so much energy for those things! Just take it slow at first.
Psalm-91
on 4/19/11 11:49 am
I'm considering the VSG surgery & one of the main reasons I liked this one is because they claim that removing part of the stomach removes the hunger hormone. Is this not true?  If it is true you shouln't be feeling hunger.   I don't understand.... Is it that you're not hungry & just want to eat because you like it or are you actually feeling hungry?
melanie L.
on 4/19/11 11:57 am

4 weeks, if u dont mind me asking what do u do? My Dr told me 10 days, I wanted a lil vacation out of it and took 3 weeks. Had surgery on mon, released from hospital wed, went to the local mall wed night, went to a outside mall (target) thursday night, could of went back to work after 10. Im a cashier and stand on my feet all day. I didnt lift anything heavy for 5 weeks and had no issues...

evilelf
on 4/19/11 12:06 pm
I work at the DMV sit on my bottom all day. My boys are out of school next week so that will keep me busy. Then I have to drive to san diego for 2 week appt (@1hr 45mins away. I want to learn to knit so hope I have a sweater made by the time i go back to work. Never thought i would want to go back to work.
AniO
on 4/19/11 12:14 pm
You mentioned you're hungry. It's probably stomach acid. Ask your doctor about it and maybe he'll give you an acid reducer for it. I thought I was hungry and it turned out to be stomach acid.

I think knitting will be a great way to keep busy! Good luck with everything.

AniO

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views