Hungry and board

cyd000
on 4/19/11 12:27 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'm a week out and having the same problem.  I am absolutely starving (I am on a PPI twice a day so its not stomach acid).  I am also tired so I cant really focus on anything and the hunger pangs are so overwhelming that I cant think of anything else but eating.

I can easily eat a 6oz yogurt, sugar free jello and every other full liquid (with added protein) and I am lucky if I get an hour or two without my stomach growling.  

I think some of us are just unlucky enough to have intense hunger.....which sort of defeats the purpose of surgery but I am hoping that things will change when I am able to eat dense foods.

HW: 267, 5'3", 37 years old
Pre-op - 13lbs lost
Month 1 - 17lbs lost
Month 2 - 11lbs lost
Month 3 - 3lbs lost
Month 4 - 8lbs lost
Month 5 - 4lbs lost
Month 6 - 5lbs lost
Month 7 - 4lbs lost
mickidee23
on 4/19/11 12:28 pm
I am a middle school teacher and went back to week after 2 weeks and probably should have taken 2 or 3 more days but honestly if you are just sitting at work you could go back earlier than 4 weeks, save some vacation or sick leave time. I was going stir crazy after about a week and a half.
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

MediumSoon
on 4/20/11 10:54 am - TX
I'd ask about going back to work! I went back one week out. If you don't do any lifting I can't imagine why he wants you to take 4 weeks. I teach kindergarten - so definitely not a desk job...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 171 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 448 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 472 views