Sleeve done

Sunshine33
on 4/21/11 7:41 am

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery done 2 days ago. Needed to stay 2 days in ICU but I`m home as this morning. Surgery went well. Ìt`s a new life and I need to learn to live with this sleeve. So far so good :)

A new life is beginning....I`mso happy to be on the looser`s team :)

Susan0714
on 4/21/11 7:50 am - Kenner, LA
Congrats Sunshine33, sorry to hear that you had to stay in ICU for 2 days..Glad to hear you are doing better.

Susan
Susan M.
on 4/21/11 7:54 am
So glad you're home now and on your way.  Remember to take it slowly, drink water, and walk around a little. Good luck on this new adventure.

boomercd
on 4/21/11 8:14 am - OH
congrats to you, heres to a speedy recovery!!!

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

BJUpNorth
on 4/21/11 8:21 am - MN

Hi Sunshine33,
Glad you are home with your new tiny tummy. Sounds like you are feeling better now. Just take it slow and sip, walk & rest. I know everyone says it on here, but it is one of those "Good Old" rules to start by.
Welcome to the losers bench!!
Best Wishes,
Brenda

MELMEL308
on 4/21/11 9:14 am - PA
Hello, I am glad to hear you are home and on your way to recovery... Just curious, if you can share why you were in ICU? 
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Sunshine33
on 4/21/11 6:21 pm
Everyone here that has a sleeve needs to be in ICU.The reason I stayed longer is because they perforated my liver when they were closing...and I was at risk of bleeding. It`s ok so far, but I have those headaches since I got out of surgery...I`m  almost sure it has to do with not taking enough fluid in. I`ll keep a close eye on it :)
sleeve genie
on 4/21/11 12:28 pm - Alhambra, CA
Congratulations on your surgery. Sorry that you had a ruff start. First few weeks are the hardest, after that it gets much easier. Remember to be really good to yourself and give yourself time to heal. Walk, sip, rest and repeat and enjoy the new and improved you jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

doggz109
on 4/21/11 11:16 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Rock that sleeve!
Sunshine33
on 4/22/11 4:57 am
:) I will try to rock that sleeve!!! Today I decided that I needed to go for a walk, so I went for a 30 mins walk. And I`ve also drank more water, so hopefully I will be able to get rid of those headaches...they are not here yet. Thanks for all your support. I will keep you posted :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views