Dehydration??

A911Angel
on 5/1/11 1:15 am
 Hi All, 
This is my first posting.  I will have my procedure on May 10th with Dr. Rod in Mexico.  I have been learning about the whole process on the site.  Thank you all for the inspiration!  My biggest concern is dehydration post-op.  Would it be wise to take Pidialyte with me and have that instead of water for my "sip, sip, sip"?  Also, how do you get your regular medication (pils) down right after surgery?
Jenijeni
on 5/1/11 1:19 am
Don't worry about getting Pedialyte. G2 (Gatorade) will work just fine for replacing electrolytes. ...and some docs want you to crush meds and take them with applesauce. Others say go ahead and swallow em. You'll need to see how your doc feels about it! Good luck with your surgery!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

A911Angel
on 5/1/11 1:22 am
 Thank you so much for the info.  I'm really getting excited and nervous.  I am crossing my fingers that all goes well as my insurance will not cover any complications relating to this procedure!

Holly
JasonM
on 5/1/11 1:20 am - NY
You will need to crush all pills and mix them with water or other liquid.  This got me off of the pain medication quite quicky, as Vicodin tastes absolutely awful!
A911Angel
on 5/1/11 1:23 am
 Thank you, great idea!

Holly
Arianasmama
on 5/1/11 1:59 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Congrats on your upcoming surgery.  You could use Smar****er  to replace your electrolytes. Trader Joe's also has a store brand that is cheaper.
Be Blessed            
A911Angel
on 5/1/11 2:21 am
 Thank you for the reply, what is a Smar****er?
Arianasmama
on 5/1/11 2:33 am - Beverly Hills, CA
 It is the same company that distributes Vitamin Water.

http://www.glaceau.com/
Be Blessed            
A911Angel
on 5/1/11 2:41 am
 Got it! Thank you!
stefie67
on 5/1/11 5:55 am - Sicklerville, NJ
please make sure you drink enough of whatever you can tolerate.  i ended up back in the hospital for 4 days malnourished and dehydrated.  it wasn't fun and very expensive. 
drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views