DAY 1~ LIQUID DIET

MELMEL308
on 5/2/11 9:30 am - PA
OMG...This is hard!!  My head is hurting, I feel shaky, I feel like I am going to vomit and I just want to eat!  My NUT wants me to drink 4 shakes a day, and 5 if I am absolutely needing it.  I already had 3 and all I can think about is going home from work to drink another one.. and I have to check my sugars 4 times a day and not take a full dose of my meds.  My sugars have been good, but the way i feel makes me think they arent. I also had sugar free jello twice, and crystal light.  I had been chewing gum non stop all day.  I will have to say that Extra makes a new Sugarless gum.  It is Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream Flavor and it is so good; My favorite flavor of ice cream!  It has been my savior all day.  I feel like Violet on Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory eating the gum..LOL But then the flavor goes away in like a half hour and I am back to feeling sick again.  All I keep thinking about is "How am I going to make it 2 weeks!?!"and not only that but I am thinking of everything that I want to eat... Everything that i wont be able to eat for a very long time.. I want to cry.. I just don't understand why i couldn't just eat a string cheese stick, or eggs...I know a lot of this is probably head hunger. I try to tell myself that and its not helping..I also keep saying to myself that I need to stay strong so I don't have open surgery.  I just wish I could wiggle my nose and it be next week already... How am i going to survive!!!????!!!!
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Ann C.
on 5/2/11 9:34 am - GA
Try another protein drink.  I am on liquids this week too.  I have cheated with hard boiled eggs and scrambled eggs, i figure protein is better for me than breaking down to have other things.  It does get easier.  I already did it for 1 week and then i got sick and had to reschedule my surgery.  Stay busy if you can, someone else recommended that and try not to think about EATING!  Ann
MELMEL308
on 5/2/11 9:43 am - PA
Thanks Anne.  I have actually decided that i was going to make the powdered protein in the morning with the blender and ice.. but i have been drinking the atkins advantage ones in work..
It sucks that you got sick and had to reschedule.. are you still scheduled for the 10th?  I'm going to go home and drink broth..maybe that will make it better.  I'm in work for another 20 minutes.
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 9:43 am
I am on day 4 of my pre-op diet, ****il I lose 55lbs.) My schedule is to eat/drink 3-4oz every hour from 8am-8pm. I can have shakes, soup, Greek yogurt, and sugarless gelatin, popsicles etc... 64oz of water, and if I want caffeinated coffe, I cannot count it as part of my liquid. I also must make sure that I have 80-100gms of protien. Basically it is the schedule of eating that I will be on post-op. I have not been hungry at all, and I think it is because I am constantly having something. Chat with your nut. Perhaps they have some other tricks of the trade.

Hope that helps~blu
sldierswife
on 5/2/11 9:45 am
I almost finished my first week! I have to agree with you that this is NOT easy I also must say wow I never realized how much head hunger drove me! I actually learned alot. I don't let myself get to the point I am hungry and if I dont most of the time I realize it's just head hunger. Reach down deep take a deep breathe and you will do this because it is what's best we can do this! Food although yummy it is NOT going to own us tell em who is boss! try to keep yourself busy. Hope this helps
 HW 298 SW 281

Mandi E.
on 5/2/11 10:08 am - Kissimmee, FL
You can do it babygirl!! Mind over matter!!! xoxo
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lavonda1
on 5/2/11 11:13 am - Canada
 Hey Hun Im 3 days Pre op been on liquids since the 15 th of april is does get easier after the 3rd day If i were you id give up on the gum for know as chewing stimulates saliva prodution which in turn stimulates acid production in  the stomach look for a sugar free mint or hard candy as disolving one in your mouth wont produce such a prodution of saliva.  Best of Luck YOU ARE WORHT IT!!!
Ive found a theme song for life after surgery feel free to use the lyrics the are brilliant it called defying gravity fom wicked if your a GLEEK as I am Kurt and Rachel did a duet  you can utube it

LaVonda
aka
Kevin

MELMEL308
on 5/2/11 1:22 pm - PA
I am a major GLEEK!!! lol And thank you for the motivation.. I am actually doing a lot better... I came home after work and had about 3 cups of broth and a protein shake and i feel much better,  I am chewing gum again.. i just love this mint chocolate chip gum... i feel so much better when i am chewing the gum... it makes sense about the acid though but the gum does seem to make me feel satiated...and you are right! I AM WORTH IT,,Thank You
                            ~Melanie~
Ann C.
on 5/3/11 6:27 am - GA
I was told to drink a protein shake every 3 1/2 to 4 hours so that your sugar levels stay constant.....  I am glad You are feeling better!  The milk chocolate Atkin's Protein shake is my favorite.  I also was told to nap, go for a walk, do something, clean a drawer......just keep busy!  I know you can do it and YES the 10th is the time 6 am arrival time and 8 am surgery!  Getting excited that FINALLY i will have my surgery! 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views