Medicaid Spendown Making Me Crazy

Tracey W.
on 5/24/11 11:50 am
I have medicaid and a spend down (deductable) of $105.50 a month. No problem. But, my surgeon's office is trying to get my surgery approved and medicaid says that I'm "closed" due to the spend down not being met yet.
I don't have any of my medical bills yet to bring to them and medicaid hasn't paid the first part yet. grrrrrrrrr. At least I'll just have to deal with this for this month and next month (hopefully hopefully!)

I just want to get it done and start healing from surgery and my weight problem. Couldn't there be a more logical system in place???? I'm also worried that I'll have to do a few appeals before they say yes. yikes!!
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
sleeve genie
on 5/24/11 1:16 pm - Alhambra, CA
I'm very curious about how this will all work out for you,  as i mentioned in another post of yours i have a friend who has medical but was told they don't approve the sleeve.  She has decided to wait until they do approve it as she is young and doesn't want the problems associated with the band and bypass.  She has family members who gained all the weight back with the bypass.  I'm pulling for you and hope all goes well and that they will start approving the sleeve.  Please keep us in the loop,  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Tracey W.
on 5/24/11 2:31 pm
Geenie, hi, my surgeon said that he hasn't had anyone with medicaid yet go for the sleeve, so I called all of the sleeve surgeons in new hampshire. they say that medicaid nh started covering it earlier this year. Also, the insurance people at 2 of the hospitals said that they'd gotten it covered. Till I hear otherwise, I'm going to be hopelessly optimistic!!
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views