baby food

tawana2q
on 5/25/11 12:18 pm - NY
 Im in the puree stage of my diet and I cant seem to find many things to eat that I enjoy.  I was told by the nutrionist that I can also have babyfood so I tried the gerber stage three food its ok but I know thats not food.  I know when I start eating food that i have to grind beat slauter im in for a wake up call.  I eat eggs,refried beans,turkeyslices,salsa,cheese's and im so bored with it I go to the supermarket and allow the baby jars n cartons to entice me.  Im 5wks out do you have any other meal suggestions.
sleeve genie
on 5/25/11 12:51 pm - Alhambra, CA
Congrats on your surgery,  at 10 days post op i moved to the soft foods stage.  I ate a lot of \
egg/tuna/chicken salad made with mayo  no raw veggies allowed yet for you.   I also ate a lot of turkey chili that i made myself,  turkey meatballs with spagetti sauce,  refried beans with cheese, also made chicken soup and put lots of stuff in my magic bullet.   Good luck,  this will soon just be a memory  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Crimson
on 5/25/11 12:51 pm - MD
I would call and ask your nutritionist what else you can eat that is appropriate.
But on the soft/puree diet, I was eating tuna, turkey chili, humus, soups (strained). Dunno if you can have seafood, but I was allowed. made seafood salad with shrimp, tuna and crab. yogurt, sf pudding, sf applesauce, canned fruit w/ low sugar.
chicken salad, tuna salad; you can toss these in the food processor or mash with fork a bit.

i hope you find some more enticing things to eat
Dee08
on 5/26/11 12:05 am
VSG on 09/01/08 with

I did use the Gerber baby food.

Can of cream of chicken soup mixed with can of skim milk, jar Gerber chicken, 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk.  All whisked together and heated.  YUM.

Can of cream of split pea soup mixed with can of skim milk, jar Gerber ham, 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk.  All whisked together and heated.  Another YUM.

This was good protein and make several meals.  Quick and easy.  Just find a soup and Gerber meat you like, use skim milk plus 1/4 cup powdered milk and you are in business!

Hopes this helps....Dee

5'1"  Age 62   Goal weight between 128 - 135  
Fancy4684
on 5/26/11 8:47 am
I loved amys lentil soup I would cook it up and puree it. Also you can get wendys chilli and purse that! The chili is awesome low in fat and high in protien!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 107 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views