Closet Purging

jennkitt
on 6/3/11 5:30 am - MI
I just went through my closet and cleared out 3 HUGE bins of clothing!  This is a huge NSV for me, I have been holding on to things for WAY to long, caught up in the "I paid x for these, I am not getting rid of them", even though I never wear them, or have NEVER worn them, tags still on.  I don't know what has changed, but I don't care anymore, I don't use it, it doesn't fit, it needs to go.  Awesome.  My sisters are both large, so they can use a lot of the stuff, whatever they don't want is going to charity.  My 2 most painful losses: 2 wool sweaters from Ireland, they are 3X and were just too big and bulky even BEFORE I lost weight, oh well, they will find another home.
HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

redsnapper1975
on 6/3/11 5:36 am
Good for you!  Make way for all those smaller clothes!!
~ Kim

katier825
on 6/3/11 5:51 am
That's such a great feeling!  There is NOTHING in my closet that was there 6 months ago.  It's been fun shopping!

KrisJ77
on 6/3/11 5:53 am - TX

I went to my monthly support group meeting last night and there were two women at my table who hasn't had surgery yet - I told them to go home and open up there closet and tell their clothes goodbye!!  Lol!!  That's all I have been doing for the past month - giving clothes away.  Oh well - yay for us!! 

Crabadams72
on 6/3/11 5:59 am - Silver Spring, MD
My surgery is Friday and I am already bagging stuff up. I changed my closet over from winter to summer and I know I will not be able to wear that stuff when it gets cold again. I am keeping a few items to take pictures in, but I have no fond memories in those fat rags!.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/11 6:14 am
A lady at my church gave me a lot of clothes and I was thrilled to get them.  I was about a month out from surgery and nothing in my closet fit me, I looked like a rag doll.   She told me that it was so hard to decide to finally let go of those clothes, but a week after she gave them to me a friend of hers passed down a huge pile of stuff to her!  She told me that she was so glad she had made room in her closet for her blessing!

I hope the same thing happens to you.
jackie W.
on 6/3/11 6:17 am - schenectady, ny
I still cant get over not lookin in plus sizes i have to learn Koahls all over again :)

Eula "Evie" R.
on 6/3/11 6:26 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Good Girl!
Just as soon as I get some time from work, that is what I plan to do. Got some yard work first, I love that to.
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
God Bless
Evie

katier825
on 6/3/11 6:41 am
On June 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM Pacific Time, jackie W. wrote:
I still cant get over not lookin in plus sizes i have to learn Koahls all over again :)
LOL  It was bad enough I had to learn NOT to go to the plus sized section, but the rearranged the departments too!  I wandered around for a bit trying to find what I was looking for.

It's strange at first when you get out of the plus sizes, but feel like you're supposed to be shopping that section.  It takes time for the head to catch up to the changes in the body.
Most Active