salads????

twiggins
on 6/4/11 12:08 pm - TN
i had my surgery april 13th 2011 and i was wondering when can i have a salad?
* 2 Blessed 2 be Stressed*
sleeve genie
on 6/4/11 12:17 pm - Alhambra, CA
I think i was told 3 months but lots of people have told me they had salad sooner.   I was told that veggie fibers should be food you add later,  like no veggie or fruit skins in the beginning.   I'm sure others will put in their thoughts.  I'm a year out and i eat a salad everyday usually lunch with some protein,  love them   congrats on your surgery,  you are obviously through the hardest part.   enjoy you journey :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

VSGbyACEVES
on 6/4/11 12:28 pm - UT
Good Post.  I have eaten sliced tomatoes, spit out the skin and just a few bites of fresh arugula (since I am growing it around my tomatoes)  but not a salad yet.  I did "sprout" some PRO-VITA-MIX and it went down very easily.  Sprouted grains are great because they are high in protein, vitamins + minerals and they are pre-digested since they have been soaked.  HOWEVER, after I ate about 1/4 c, I experiences alot of pain in my chest--so I plan to use your advice and wait for these goodies at 3 months.

Thanks
sleeve genie
on 6/4/11 12:32 pm - Alhambra, CA
aw,  you're welcome,  i have a lot of friends that had your surgoen and they all love him and do really well.  lucky girl  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

VSGbyACEVES
on 6/5/11 1:13 pm - UT
I am excited for you to be so close to your goal.  Your posts are so positive and thank you for letting me know that you have so many friends who have used Dr. Aceves.  I had my surgery on May 02 and I feel great.  It is reassuring to know that so many do so well with his work.

After I read the forum of vomiting blood and all sorts of scary things, I really am so happy that I have so much support.  My guts tell me that I made a very very good choice. I will follow your posts and watch for when you hit your goal.   GOOD LUCK.
wert
on 6/4/11 12:22 pm - MN
I don't know if I can have salads yet or not but I haven't had any. It's all I can do to get in my protein without filling up on lettuce, too. I'm ever hopeful, tho. I just planted several varieties of lettuce mixes in the garden. Maybe by the time it's up I'll be ready to eat it. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/11 12:26 pm
I am 9 days short of 3 months and just started eating salads.  I thought I wasnt supposed to eat them until 3 months and was looking thru my dietary book last night and saw I could have had simple salads at 2 months.  (No carrots, cabbage or really crisp veggies until 3 months)  So guess what I am having with my protein tonight...LOL!
Smardeepants
on 6/4/11 12:29 pm
My surgeon also wants me to wait 3 mos...

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/11 12:29 pm - CA
 I am 8 weeks out and started eating salad last week, it has been a very lovely experience!! I'm eating one right now as we speak...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views