Sunkist Protein?

urmisnshin2
on 6/5/11 7:45 am - TX
My sister is 6 weeks post op and having a terrible time with protein intake. Yesterday at her follow up, the surgeon told her that a lot of his staff uses Sunkist Protein. Anyone used this one yet? it seems to be relatively new, they have 24g protein shots, 42g protein, shots, pre-made drinks, and are supposed to be coming out with a one gallon multi "shot" bag...in either orange, grape, or fruit punch??? any feedback on these??
Thanks!!
Pam
peachynptc
on 6/5/11 8:50 am - Fayetteville, GA
There are different types of protein out there. I was told the protein shots are the wrong type, I can't remember what it is called. I was also told whey is better than soy but I cannot tolerate whey. I try not to drink protein shakes at this point bc the only one I can get down sometimes is the EAS Soy powder in chocolate and it has 20 grams of carbs.
Can your sister maybe puree some cottage cheese or have some greek yogurt?

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

BigCaliSmile
on 6/5/11 9:22 am, edited 6/5/11 9:42 am - La Puente, CA
I think its the collegen protein that is not supposed to be good for us. I am a bit confused I am going to ask the nutritionist tomorrow when I see her at a support group cuz it says collegen first then it says whey from milk .  I am glad you posted this either way
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
urmisnshin2
on 6/5/11 12:35 pm - TX

I'll be interested to see what your nutritionist says. I don't go back for my next visit til the 18th. Maybe he is telling her to try those because she is having such a difficult time and something is better than nothing...very interesting indeed!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views