Hot coffee/Iced coffee

Bellerose
on 6/9/11 7:34 am
Is it okay to have a couple of cups of either hot or iced coffee daily as long as it is decaf?  I've really been enjoying decaf iced coffee lately now that the weather is warmer but I don't want to do something that isn't helpful with my weightloss.
 Peace!
Dolores

Jenijeni
on 6/9/11 7:41 am
Should be fine! Just check with your doc or nut if you ever have a question about foods/ drinks.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Jasonm11
on 6/9/11 7:51 am
I drink one to two pots of decaf a day with a lil splenda and skim milk in there....hasn't slowed my 80+ pounds in 3 months down....

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
redsnapper1975
on 6/9/11 8:14 am
I was cleared for coffee immediately- even regular.  But, I had given that up bfore surgery and am not going back.  I have had both iced and hot decaf with milk.
~ Kim

Disappearing Me
on 6/9/11 8:16 am - Murphysboro, IL
Definitely  :) 
I probably have 1-2 cups every other day.  I don't use sugar anymore and use fat free creamer.
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 8:30 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Just know that caffeine is a diuretic, so do not count it as your fluids and maybe add that much more fluid (especially since its been so durn hot lately!).  Even decaff has some caffeine.

WIth Dr. A, as long as you could get in your fluids and make up hydrating fluids for the amount of coffee our program was cool with it, your doctor might think different things.

For me, my first cup, especially when its hot out and so its cold coffee, I toss a double scooper of protein in there and presto blammo!  protein coffee for the morning. Yaay!
Heidi V.
on 6/9/11 11:05 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Does the protein scoop in a cup of coffee actually taste good? I tried to put some in my soup and I gagged. lol

Heidi
xx

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 5:36 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Yea, I was not fond of protein powder in soup either, but I like it in coffee.  Optimum Nutrition Cake Batter flavor is my favorite versatile flavor, but now I have ON Double Rich Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream and like them too! 

But you know - taste is so subjective!  But as long as you like your protein powder and like coffee, it should not be a horrible combination, you know?  I use artifical sweetener in my coffee and sometimes 1/3 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or sometimes just the sweetened black coffee.  Either way, its aokay by me!  And gets in 2 of my 4 necessary scoops a day without drinking more calories, which I am definitely for! 
doggz109
on 6/9/11 10:37 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Protein powders generally do not do well in hot liquids....that might have been why?  I'm not sleeved....but I make a coffee smoothie with protein powder, room temp coffee, ice cubes, and maybe some sf syrup.  It's pretty good that way.
Bellerose
on 6/9/11 10:57 am
Thank you all for the responses.  Now I can enjoy my decaf coffee and not feel guilty! 
 Peace!
Dolores

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views