snack ideas?!?

harleybella
on 6/11/11 2:19 pm
hey everyone!! my husband and i recently moved back to NC and its been crazy since! I need some more ideas for protein snacks! I usually eat the babybel light cheese and jerky but im kinda getting tired of the the same stuff..... plus i don't feel like im dropping the weight fast enough.... its been over 2 months since surgery and i have only lost 25lbs
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 2:45 pm
Hmm, not able to snack much but- Kroger's Carbmaster yogurt was a recent good find, and I like Ostrim meat sticks.. I've been craving greek yogurt & cukes, tzatziki style with garlic.. oh, and I loooove home-made hummus.
Crimson
on 6/11/11 3:01 pm - MD
almonds or other nuts
protein bars (i cut one bar into thirds and wrap them in foil for snacks)
onehappygirl
on 6/11/11 4:22 pm
I drizzle olive oil (good quality) on lots of stuff. Did you know we are supposed to have 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil per day for heart health? I drizzle it on tomatoes, basil, mozzarella. I drizzle it on all my cooked vegies. I just love it. I also use good quality shredded parmesan cheese on everything, like eggs, salads, etc. Boil up a pot of eggs and keep them in fridg. They are great to pull out, peel, and eat with a little salt and pepper. Instant snack and 6 grams carbs. Or boil up a pot of shrimp, keep in fridg, and pull them out and dunk in ketchup/horseradish sauce. Yum, and so high in protein. It has turned out that my snacks look just like my meals! LOL---cheese, meat, fish, eggs, vegies, nuts. I guess you got to get kinda creative with this surgery..
Suane
on 6/12/11 2:12 am - Livingston County, MI

I like the lowfat cheese sticks, yogurt and baked fat free cheese that is just like eating chips. But be careful with the snacking, it becomes grazing and then you are right back to the beginning. Oh no! Choose dense protein meals that will fill you up and drink when you think you are hungry. You may just be thirsty.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

harleybella
on 6/12/11 2:28 am

thanks for the ideas, its not really snacking, its more meals im bad about eatting just a babybel or a piece of jerky for breakfast or lunch.... i really wished i liked eggs.... i just can't stomach them :(

VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views